Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post this. So I'll start here. I've read through some archives here about XD night sight fittings, particularly trijicon novaks fitting on the XDs for people who don't like the vertical block (snag) sights. I have also read about the XDs and XDMs having the same grooves for the rear sights and that, in theory, sights will work for either.

I'm thinking that the factory trijicon night sights that come on the XDMs could work with the XD, so my question is this: Has anyone had SA (or someone else) put on the XDM night sights on an XD or is it impossible? I'd like to see some pictures if you have.

I realize that I can call SA, but I would like to see how the sights look on an XD anyhow. Also if you don't mind, I would like to see some other night sights on the sub compact xd that are more "novak" style I.E. not the blocky snag night sights that Trijicon makes for the XD line. I'm hoping to put a novak style night sight on my sub compact without having the bottom of the rear sight stand off of the slide a drastic amount. Thx.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Yes I have put the XDm factory night sight on a Classic XD They do fit since all XD and Sig Sauer dovetails are the Same.

Sorry it was a same day install and I did not have time to take the pictures.

Heinie sights will also give you the slant look.

And the new Trijicon HD`s have a slight slant.
XD-HS2000 Unboxing & Review - Trijicon HD Yellow

Dawson precision offers the 018 rear, in my unboxing I show the fiber rear but it comes in a tritium version as well. And looks exactly like the factory XDm sight rear.
XD-HS2000 Unboxing & Review - Dawson 018 Rear Low Profile Fiber Optic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have put the XDm factory night sight on a Classic XD They do fit since all XD and Sig Sauer dovetails are the Same.

Sorry it was a same day install and I did not have time to take the pictures.

Heinie sights will also give you the slant look.

And the new Trijicon HD`s have a slight slant.
XD-HS2000 Unboxing & Review - Trijicon HD Yellow

Dawson precision offers the 018 rear, in my unboxing I show the fiber rear but it comes in a tritium version as well. And looks exactly like the factory XDm sight rear.
XD-HS2000 Unboxing & Review - Dawson 018 Rear Low Profile Fiber Optic
Hey thanks for the info! With the factory XDm sights how is the underneath spacing under the rear sight? Is it nearly flush or did it ride a little high?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
there is the same gap as there is on the XDm. I can actually take a picture, how about I take an XDm sight and put it on a Classic XD for you. Give me a couple min to run down to the shop.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is the same gap as there is on the XDm. I can actually take a picture, how about I take an XDm sight and put it on a Classic XD for you. Give me a couple min to run down to the shop.
Picture would be amazing, but I have strange sense of trust in what you say :D

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Ok I took a stock XDm "G" marked rear and put it on the slide of a 45acp Classic Tactical XD slide that I had in my gun library. I centered the camera so it was level with the top of the slide. What this does is allow you to see under the bottom of the sight and see the gap (click to see the full size version of the picture). The XDm sight and XDm Tritium version are the exact same except that the XDm Tritium has the Trijicon vials installed. The gap is about the thickness of a sheet of typing paper, I can slide one sheet under but not two.

A more normal view of what you would be looking at every day.

Hey take a look at the Dawson Precision low profile rear looks allot like the XD stock sight don`t it.
Dawson 018 Rear Low Profile Fiber Optic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect! Thank you. Better that I had imagined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts