Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm knew here but I figured you all maybe would gave a fix to this..

My trigger isn't resetting reliably.. on a function check it doesn't want to lock the striker back.. unless I'm lightly pulling down on the trigger 1/8th the range of movement to about half trigger pull.. if I stay in that range itllreset and ir grab the striker every time I rack the slide..

Pulling the trigger pulls on the lever and it makes the sear lever "rock" back slightly enough that it does whatever it does and helps catch the striker or the plunger on the bottom of the slide.. the striker also is shaped like a L so maybe it helps catch something..

So if I remove that spring that's bent over the sear lever and stick it on the ejector pin that helps hold other springs under tension.. it works every time without issue... but that's not the correct way..

So I don't know if my sear lever is worn
down any or something.. if any of you guys replaced or updated your sear parts.. if be willing to rehome the old ones.. or at least that part.. And that just might be the issue.. so if you have one of those feel free to send me a PM.

As for pics here's 2 pics of how it's normally installed

Wood Gas Machine Office equipment Bumper

Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Gun barrel Metal

And here's some pics of moving the spring off the sear lever.. like this it works "nornal" however this is extremely far from how it's supposed to be..

Tool Metal Fashion accessory Kitchen utensil Auto part

Food Cuisine Dish Ingredient Tints and shades

I'm hoping someone has had this happen to them before and knows a fix.. or experienced or seen it or just knows the xd and xdm do well they'll be able to know it understand what's happening by looking at it and reading the above stuff..

Thanks again for any advice time and help I am very grateful.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's exactly how my first pic is... when it's installed properly the only way to get the sear to grab the striker is to put a little pressure on the trigger.. at least 15% of the triggers travel backwards.. if I hold the trigger there and rack the slide.. it will grab the striker and release after a full trigger pull.. if I don't put any pressure on the trigger when I rack the slide the striker won't catch..

The only 2 things I can see that could be allowing the striker to catch when I put pressure on the trigger and rack the slide is..

1. It might be countering the spring..well it is.. bit I don't know why I don't have normal function when the spring is pulling down on the front of the sear lever... the springs pulling forward and pulling the front down and making the rear move upwards.. putting pressure on the trigger makes the trigger bar pull the bottom of the lever "up and forward" countering the tension the spring has on it.. causing the rear top of the lever to lower about .3mm.. when that happens it'll let the sear grab the striker..

On the 2 bottom pics if I take the spring off the top of the lever arm and remove that spring tension completely I can rack the slide all day in a function test and the sear will grab the striker.. and i can pull the trigger and get a clean trigger break and it'll let the striker fly home.. every time I can do it as many as someone says and it'll have 100% reliability.. but that's obviously not installed properly.. so any idea what's causing this ir how to fix it?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Looks to me like someone has been monkeying with it. On the M series the takedown lever moves the disconnector back to lower the sear. Sounds like something’s out of spec because of “modifications”. That’s a lot of wear on that disconnector lug and firing pin block lifter,, like someone tried to “improve” it. That, or it has 300,000 rounds through it with no lube whatsoever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks to me like someone has been monkeying with it. On the M series the takedown lever moves the disconnector back to lower the sear. Sounds like something’s out of spec because of “modifications”. That’s a lot of wear on that disconnector lug and firing pin block lifter,, like someone tried to “improve” it. That, or it has 300,000 rounds through it with no lube whatsoever.
The auto takedown system is working properly on it though.. the auto take down will lock it forward when the lugs open and push it back to function as normal when it's closed.

Here's more pics

Auto take down with the take-down/locking lug open rear is locked forward, not allowing trigger function.
Machine Auto part Metal Gas

Auto take down with take-down/locking lug closed, the back is pushed back to the rear to allow the trigger to function to work normal... (sear lever spring/tension is off sear lever.. the striker and sear function 100% of the time like this..)
Tool Rectangle Pipe wrench Wood Metal

Lastly here's a pic with the auto take-down/locking lug closed again like the above the back is pushed back to the rear by the auto takedown to allow the trigger to function.. (only the front spring that goes over the sear lever is on in the right spot applying downward tension to the Sears lever... with this downward tension the striker will not get picked up by the sear.. reliably.. only 35% of the time if im lucky) so if I rack the slide in a function test it won't grab the striker... (on the off chance it does.. the trigger will break normal and releases the striker.. so the auro takedown is functional).

In the first 2 pics spring in the above configuration off the Sears lever it'll work fine.. assuming you close the locking lug (i suppose you must to have the slide on though.. lol) unfortunately... that's not how it's supposed to be setup.. that's not correct I don't like that.. even though it functions I wouldn't consider this okay.. I hate it.. I don't know what's wrong..

Wood Automotive tire Rectangle Automotive exterior Gas

From playing with it how it's supposed to be set up.. I found only trigger tension allows the sear to grab the striker.. in the normal configuration.. from looking in the view hole in the rear doing this.. And knowing how the sear goes together and that slightly pushing the trigger counters that spring that wraps over the top of the Sears lever.. I figured the slight pressure on the trigger is countering the force of that spring.. took the spring tension off the front of the sears lever and it works as normal 100% of the time.. And I don't like that because it's not normal inside.. I don't know why its doing this I hope one of you would know the answer..

·
Registered
842 Posts
When is the last time you detail stripped the frame? If that's something you feel you can do, I'd start there. Give the parts a good cleaning and inspection looking for any damaged, chipped, worn or anything suspicious.

Are all of the parts still factory?

If so, and you don't see anything odd in the detail strip of your frame, you may just have to contact Springfield warranty and send it in. They'll get you back in operation but you'll be without your pistol for at least a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys I figured out the issue.. lol.. the spring that keeps downward tension on the sear lever.. the auto takedown was hitting it and keeping the trigger from working... regent the spring and everything's fine.. lol

Although I ran into another issue with a broken trigger bar.. where the pin is that the triggers on well that's broke..

I tried searching for trigger bars and I didn't find anything for original oemfactory trigger bars.. I seen the trigger upgrade that comes with one.. but money's tight and I'm happy with the basic factory trigger...

I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get one? Or if someone has them that I didn't see for some reason..

Another option might be if one of you that upgraded your trigger bar and sear would be willing to let me get your old factory trigger?

I'm hopping someone has a solution.

And I also want to thank everyone who helped me trouble shoot this, I am very grateful.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey I did give them a call the other day, they said I could send it in but then I gotta do ffl stuff also dunno how long they'll actually have it.. unfortunately they "don't offer trigger bars for sale" and that's a bummer.. I wish they did..

I was hopping I could maybe find someone that upgraded they're trigger bar who wouldn't mind rehoming they're old trigger bar.. a xd or xdm would work, if it's a xd I can just hit the bottom on the bench grinder so a second and "chamfer" the bottom edge to mirror the xdm.

The weak part is the actual trigger pivot..

Anyway I do really appreciate everyone's help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't think FFL was required for repair.
I guess I was wrong I read a while back that rifles where okay but hand guns needed to be returned through a FFL.

I ended up seeing that again looking now but I see alot more saying it's not required. I also feel uneasy about sending it.. turn around time.. I also don't want to get it lost or have anything bad happen to it.. or it go missing.. you read those story's once in awhile where it turns out "bumpy"

So if I can't find anyone on any of the forums or Reddit that wouldn't mind parting with they're old trigger bar that's gonna 7 my last option.

Ideally.. something like a trigger bar I wish I could just get in 2-3 days and put it in.. lol

Thanks for the input, I wouldn't have looked that up again without you.. and in the end I may have to send it in..

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts