Springfield XD Forum banner

XDm question from a newbie

992 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Yosemite Sam 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for an XD, XDm or M&P because I don't care for my new SIG 250 (trigger). I have shot the XD .40 and feel it handles the recoil better than the M&P. My question is, after holding a XDm yesterday, the grip feels much smaller than the XD or M&P. I know it has 3 adjustable backstraps, but those seem much narrower than the M&P adjustable backstraps. How much bigger can you the XDm grip get? As is, the grip turned me back towards the standard XD.

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
If the grip on the XDm seems too small, I would first make sure you tried all the backstraps. If none of these make it large enough, a Hogue grip would probably do the trick. Of course getting the XD instead is never a bad option. :wink:

#3 ·
#1 grip is smaller than the reg. XD. #2 is the same, and #3 is bigger. For me I have small hands so the #1 fits good almost like a 1911 sized grip to me.

#4 · (Edited)
Would someone please tell me why the magazine loader for the XD-M 9 mm fits underneath the end of the gun? :confused:

Yes, of course, it fits perfectly on the mag holster! I can't believe I didn't try to do that first - man, I feel dumb!

#5 ·
It will go onto any rail. i.e. mag holster, actual xd case, and yes the end of the frame. I think it was probably designed to be carried on your mag holster.

#6 ·
It will go onto any rail. i.e. mag holster, actual xd case, and yes the end of the frame. I think it was probably designed to be carried on your mag holster.
The XDM .40 mag loader also attaches to the holster that comes with the gun. That silly little button on the thing releases it. It perplexed me for months until someone here clued me in to its purpose in life. I can't say that I fully understand the reason for carrying a mag loader though. If I get into a situation where I needed more than three full mags I would rather have a laminated copy of the Lord's prayer than a mag loader. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.