Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what looks like 2 ends of a spring resting on the bottom part of the ejector pin, keeping them in tension...you can see the ends of the wires jutting out just a little then the slide is locked back...is this maybe the sear spring, and another spring? Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm by no means an expert but it looks identicall to my XDM 9.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
yep thats normal. Although my xd45 only has 1 spring and im too lazy to go get my .40 and look.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
what are all those white specks all over that area? could be a problem :rolleyes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yep. The springs are normal.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
what are all those white specks all over that area? could be a problem
Looks like the silica gel bead stuff that comes packed around certain types of ammo. It cleans off. I wouldn't necessarily think that it would cause any problems, but that stuff bugs me. I'm A/R about gun cleaning, though.

Okay, we should probably get back on topic....Sorry for the momentary hijack...

·
Registered
595 Posts
i have posed a trigger kit install walk threw here if you want to do a search for it it will have pictures. yes that spring is normal. One spring is for the sear and the other is for the slide release. but yes there are 2 springs and what your seeing is the ends of both of them

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
oh oh, I started a thread jack sheet storm with a poor attempt at humor

OP - just noticed that was your first post so I shall make up for my bad by being first to say welcome to a great forum - we like to have fun around here, after a question is answered

·
Registered
497 Posts
oh oh, I started a thread jack sheet storm with a poor attempt at humor

OP - just noticed that was your first post so I shall make up for my bad by being first to say welcome to a great forum - we like to have fun around here, after a question is answered
Yep. That's how we operate around here. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts