Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a kydex OWB holster for my XDM Compact 45. I wanted one that had an opening for belt loops to replace the paddle holster that came with the weapon. The paddle holster rides tight against my hip but the paddle part becomes uncomfortable while seated.

Today I received a G-Code OSH holster from Edge Works Manufacturing. I was really hoping to like this holster. Prior to placing the order I spoke with a rep from the company and explained what my expectations were. The product itself appears well made, the kydex is thick and stiff, the cant is adjustable and it has retention screw as well . What I don't like about it is how it leans away from my side. Whereas when wearing the paddle holster my 45 is not printing through an un-tucked shirt, the same cannot be said about the G-Code.

I am including photos of both holsters as a comparison.

If anyone can suggest a holster that will meet my needs please advise.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
The build quality of the G-Code holster is great. My XDS sits in their INCOG holster and I have ordered a few other holsters for my XD 45 for OWB carry.

I would suggest a stiffer gun belt to handle the weight of the gun and keep it from leaning away from your body. The paddle holster uses your hip to keep it close to your body and there is very little weight on your belt.

Josh

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The build quality of the G-Code holster is great. My XDS sits in their INCOG holster and I have ordered a few other holsters for my XD 45 for OWB carry.

I would suggest a stiffer gun belt to handle the weight of the gun and keep it from leaning away from your body. The paddle holster uses your hip to keep it close to your body and there is very little weight on your belt.

Josh
Hey Josh,
I'm using an Ares Ranger belt which is extremely stiff. Are you familiar with the Ares Ranger? If so, do you still suspect the belt to be the cause of the issue I'm concerned about?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I prefer the paddle holsters. I use the Factory one when I carry my XDm or XDs and I use fobus paddels for my Glocks.

Don't have to worry about what belt you wear and easy to take off with the gun in holster when I come in to work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the Ares Ranger belt and also that they are quite stiff. It seems that the weight of the gun and the fact that it sits an inch or so off your body is causing it to pull out and away. You could try a wider belt to get more vertical support on the belt holster.

Another nice compromise might be a pancake holster like the link below. It keeps the gun closer to your body and disperses the weight across more of the belt and the gun is supported by your body more. I have one of their IWB holsters and it seems to be good quality leather.

Stoner Pancake Holster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts