Springfield XD Forum banner

XDm Out Yet Or Not?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Coastie 
#1 ·
I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry. Why is Springfield Armory saying XDm coming soon if you guys already have one?

#5 ·
They haven't announced the gun yet, they've just teased it so far. All that is known is it's a new model of XDM

#6 ·
I hear it's an alternative fuel, err, ammo kind of thing and shoots corks :rolleyes:

#7 ·
They haven't announced the gun yet, they've just teased it so far. All that is known is it's a new model of XDM
Don't you think that it could affect sales? If you don't know what caliber you might hold off until the new model comes out. Why buy a piece today that could be outdated by a newer version tomorrow? :confused:

#8 ·
Don't you think that it could affect sales? If you don't know what caliber you might hold off until the new model comes out. Why buy a piece today that could be outdated by a newer version tomorrow? :confused:
You don't "get" marketing, do you?:rolleyes:

#10 ·
You have a point, but it's more about building interest/hype. If you want to buy an XDm, it won't bother them if you buy it today or 3 weeks from now when the new model comes out, for example. In fact, their marketing guys would love you to wait until the new one is released because it will look like their marketing had a larger impact on sales than it actually did.

#11 ·
You have a point, but it's more about building interest/hype. If you want to buy an XDm, it won't bother them if you buy it today or 3 weeks from now when the new model comes out, for example. In fact, their marketing guys would love you to wait until the new one is released because it will look like their marketing had a larger impact on sales than it actually did.
I understand what you are trying to say, but look at it from this angle. Say I want the XD but I hear that they are going to come out with a XDm. So I won't buy the XD because I want to see what all the improvements they are making to my XD. The XDm won't be out for a few weeks and I don't want to wait. So rather than buying a gun that is going to have a newer version in a few weeks, I will go to another manufacturer and purchase a different handgun.

#12 ·
metweezer, you took the words right out of my mouth. The problem is they might get more sells if they at least give the caliber. If I am going to buy a new .45 I might end up with a different vendor. And if it is a .380 and I am looking for a .45 then them not saying doesn't change a thing for me the buyer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.