Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the xdm osp 10mm last year gonna put a red dot on it . I do have comp on it .my question is will the holoson 507c hold up over time to the 10mm recoil? I ask this because a friend put a vortex dot on his and after about 500 rounds it killed the dot. I own a czp10 f and I have the 507c on that fine piece of art. Love that gun (poor man cz shadow). My eyes do fine with the redical . I wanna buy one for my xdm now that I'm building it. Anybody put multiple rounds down the pipe with some input for me. Will it hold up. I've owned many 10s and the xdm is the softest recoil out of all them I'm sure it's due to the comp. Holoson has my vote over the trijicon just need input will it hold up .

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I bought the xdm osp 10mm last year gonna put a red dot on it . I do have comp on it .my question is will the holoson 507c hold up over time to the 10mm recoil? I ask this because a friend put a vortex dot on his and after about 500 rounds it killed the dot. I own a czp10 f and I have the 507c on that fine piece of art. Love that gun (poor man cz shadow). My eyes do fine with the redical . I wanna buy one for my xdm now that I'm building it. Anybody put multiple rounds down the pipe with some input for me. Will it hold up. I've owned many 10s and the xdm is the softest recoil out of all them I'm sure it's due to the comp. Holoson has my vote over the trijicon just need input will it hold up .
Halosun is a Chinese company making products in China.
Trijicon is an American company making RDS in Michigan.

I've used Trijicon for 6 years now and not had issues.

Just not supporting China should be self explanatory.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Halosun is a Chinese company making products in China.
Trijicon is an American company making RDS in Michigan.

I've used Trijicon for 6 years now and not had issues.

Just not supporting China should be self explanatory.
It is my understanding that Holosun is a California company whose products are made in China (look at their website). I've had no problems with the Holosun 510c and I am honestly impressed with the some of the excellent design features.

I've heard Trijicon optics are made in Michigan and California.

EOTech is made in Michigan (too big for this application).

I've heard Vortex optics are made in the Philippines, Japan, and China.

Primary Arms optics, Springfield Hex optics, most Sig Sauer optics, Bushnell Red dots, most UTG products and optics, and most other lower cost optics are made in China.

While I don't care for the fact that most of this stuff is made and China and rather not support the CCP if it can be avoided, I also understand that a majority of consumer grade electronics are at least partially made or finished in China. With the exception of Trijicon, it would be hard for the OP to find an affordable optic that is not made in China.

@William 788 I don't have any experience with the pistol size Holosuns, but the 510c has so far worked well for me on a rifle. So, if I was looking to put a red-dot on an XDM, I would personally be willing to try the 507c. But again, take that with a grain of salt.

Another option you may or may not be aware of (with more limited features) would be the Springfield Hex Dragonfly (also made in China). These ship with some of the 10 mm's and according to their website may be used on pistols, shotguns, and rifles. If Springfield expects folks to put it on a 410 ga, 20 ga, or 12 ga shotgun, I would hope that it can survive a 10 mm. Having owned one, it seemed durable. I do not have experience with a high round count, but I did put ~100 rounds of subsonic 300 blackout on one with no ill effect as far as I can tell (510c replaced this on my rifle due to "window" size).

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It is my understanding that Holosun is a California company whose products are made in China (look at their website). I've had no problems with the Holosun 510c and I am honestly impressed with the some of the excellent design features.

I've heard Trijicon optics are made in Michigan and California.

EOTech is made in Michigan (too big for this application).

I've heard Vortex optics are made in the Philippines, Japan, and China.

Primary Arms optics, Springfield Hex optics, most Sig Sauer optics, Bushnell Red dots, most UTG products and optics, and most other lower cost optics are made in China.

While I don't care for the fact that most of this stuff is made and China and rather not support the CCP if it can be avoided, I also understand that a majority of consumer grade electronics are at least partially made or finished in China. With the exception of Trijicon, it would be hard for the OP to find an affordable optic that is not made in China.

@William 788 I don't have any experience with the pistol size Holosuns, but the 510c has so far worked well for me on a rifle. So, if I was looking to put a red-dot on an XDM, I would personally be willing to try the 507c. But again, take that with a grain of salt.

Another option you may or may not be aware of (with more limited features) would be the Springfield Hex Dragonfly (also made in China). These ship with some of the 10 mm's and according to their website may be used on pistols, shotguns, and rifles. If Springfield expects folks to put it on a 410 ga, 20 ga, or 12 ga shotgun, I would hope that it can survive a 10 mm. Having owned one, it seemed durable. I do not have experience with a high round count, but I did put ~100 rounds of subsonic 300 blackout on one with no ill effect as far as I can tell (510c replaced this on my rifle due to "window" size).
Holosun has an office in CA since 19, with half a dozen employees to make import easier.
They are a Chinese company making Chinese products.

As an American I wouldn't be proud to support our enemy just to save a few coins. If American products are available and folks still buy Chinese, that is why this country is losing.

You do what you want, but I believe you would have to despise this country to support China when you don't have to. That is a voluntary decision you make.

Trijicon RMR and RMRcc are 100% made in Wixom MI. Leupold has a full size site made in the US, the rest rely on people being cheap and having zero respect for the country the live in.

Bet you don't find anything this on the Chinese loving sites.

MADE IN THE USA

The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG, VCOG, RMR, RMRcc SRO, MRO, Iron Sights, MGRS, CCAS, Thermal Optics, Ventus, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA.

ETA:
Sorry if you're feelings are hurt, I'm just sick of this country going down the toilet, especially companies using foreign labor to make cheapskates happy.
Buy American or leave the country you refuse to support is where I'm at anymore.

Here is a reason their stuff is so cheap, they syealother companies designs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't think this is helping the OP, his question was on the durability of the products. Not where are they made.

That being said, that article actually did not provide any new information, but after extensive research... Holosun (is a technically US company, but) appears to be owned by the Chinese company that is the OEM manufacturer of almost all Chinese made optics (Sig Sauer, PA, etc.). And no feelings hurt here. I completely agree with you here in principle and I completely hope manufacturers return to the US through increased automation. But sometimes the cost difference is not negligible and some folks can't pay the "Made in America premium." Trijicon also has military contracts that our tax dollars are paying anyway, so in this case I feel less bad too.

Midway prices...
HS507c -- $309.99
Trijicon RMRcc $449.97 (on sale)
~145% price increase. $140.00 is a lot of groceries still.
On the large models it is over a 200% price difference for "equivalent" optics.

@William 788, if Made in America is important to you and the price is difference is not important, go with the Trijicon. Otherwise, do some more research and get the one you want.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I don't think this is helping the OP, his question was on the durability of the products. Not where are they made.

That being said, that article actually did not provide any new information, but after extensive research... Holosun (is a technically US company, but) appears to be owned by the Chinese company that is the OEM manufacturer of almost all Chinese made optics (Sig Sauer, PA, etc.). And no feelings hurt here. I completely agree with you here in principle and I completely hope manufacturers return to the US through increased automation. But sometimes the cost difference is not negligible and some folks can't pay the "Made in America premium." Trijicon also has military contracts that our tax dollars are paying anyway, so in this case I feel less bad too.

Midway prices...
HS507c -- $309.99
Trijicon RMRcc $449.97 (on sale)
~145% price increase. $140.00 is a lot of groceries still.
On the large models it is over a 200% price difference for "equivalent" optics.

@William 788, if Made in America is important to you and the price is difference is not important, go with the Trijicon. Otherwise, do some more research and get the one you want.
I bought two RMRcc for $375 each final price. It was $400 with $25 rebate.
I someone is willing to throw there country under the bus for $75.00, that is a pathetic person.

As to quality and how they hold up, well Chinese trash breaks faster, the old saying you get what you pay for applies.

Here is the same deal in the 6.5moa RMRcc.

I bought the 3.25 but I'm sure they rotate the sales between models.

I bought a full size RMR a few months back for $409.

Again if saving $100 or less makes one sell out the country that provides a good life for them, I can't respect that type person.

There won't be more companies making newer products if they know its a waste of time, that the general public is too cheap to want quality.

How can you feel less bad that the military gets quality products and isn't supporting the enemy? That is one of those actions speak louder than words comments.

A two second search pulls up multiple results if holosun settling the lawsuit, meaning they copied Trijicon products (to give you your 200% savings) and now have to make the product differently.

ETA:

Full size RMR (the most popular unit they sell RM-06) for $417.17
Wait until next week and you can probably find a better deal.

In case nobody told you Midway is one of the highest priced online vendors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
.45fan, I personally think that you are laying it on a bit thick.
Bashing another member multiple times for his choice just aint cool.

How about you walk a mile in his shoes first...

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
.45fan, I personally think that you are laying it on a bit thick.
Bashing another member multiple times for his choice just aint cool.

How about you walk a mile in his shoes first...
What the literal eff do you mean "walk a mile in his shoes".
If I buy cheap knock off Chinese crap that is just wrong.
If I can't afford the extra $75, to get better quality and American made, you ready, got a pen to take notes, ready?
I'll work more every week/month until I can afford it.
Fun fact, right now McDonald's is hiring at $15 an hour in my area.
Take a week and work two hours a day a
flipping burgers and bingo, you can now afford to support the country that makes your life so great.

Not calling a duck a duck, leads to more people buying Chinese crap and less American jobs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man dude, your kinda wound up ain't ya?

"less American jobs"? Lets be straight on that. That bone lies straight at the feet of American COMPANIES looking to squeeze every last penny from every sale. IF THEY DO IT, WHY CAN'T WE?

What I mean is that you are telling everyone else how to live their life based on YOUR life.
And to be honest, its none of your business telling others how to run their lives.

So, what I mean is stop telling someone else how to live their life when you have no idea what their circumstances are. He might be having a hard financial time supporting his family. He might have a seriously ill member who needs his help. Maybe he has to care for his elderly parents, or has adopted someones kid. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

Where do you draw the line?
Do you refuse to buy a SA gun made in Croatia?
Do you refuse to buy a Glock made in Austria?
Do you refuse to buy any ammo not made 100% (including all components) in America?
Do you refuse to buy an American car with parts made elsewhere?
Do you really think that "Made in America" means completely made, components and assembly?
Is the phone or computer your using to bash the OP completely made in America with NO foreign parts? VERY unlikely.

I've made my point. Go ahead and bash me now. You can have the last word.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Man dude, your kinda wound up ain't ya?

"less American jobs"? Lets be straight on that. That bone lies straight at the feet of American COMPANIES looking to squeeze every last penny from every sale. IF THEY DO IT, WHY CAN'T WE?

What I mean is that you are telling everyone else how to live their life based on YOUR life.
And to be honest, its none of your business telling others how to run their lives.

So, what I mean is stop telling someone else how to live their life when you have no idea what their circumstances are. He might be having a hard financial time supporting his family. He might have a seriously ill member who needs his help. Maybe he has to care for his elderly parents, or has adopted someones kid. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

Where do you draw the line?
Do you refuse to buy a SA gun made in Croatia?
Do you refuse to buy a Glock made in Austria?
Do you refuse to buy any ammo not made 100% (including all components) in America?
Do you refuse to buy an American car with parts made elsewhere?
Do you really think that "Made in America" means completely made, components and assembly?
Is the phone or computer your using to bash the OP completely made in America with NO foreign parts? VERY unlikely.

I've made my point. Go ahead and bash me now. You can have the last word.
Look,

How many employees do you have, what is the exact cost of their benefits per month/day/week/hour?
When you can answer that you might be able to grasp why American made products cost more than Chinese.
If you're not willing to contribute to another American's lively hood just to save a fee pennies, you might as well move to China yourself as your use here is zero.

There are no phones made in America, so obviously mine isn't but it GD surely isn't made in China either.
Vehicles, same thing.
I have all vehicles from American companies assembled in America.

I make an effort.

As to your "mile in his shoes".
If he has a sick family member, old parents, adopted kids, etc, he wouldnt be worried about a accessories for firearms.
Those are luxuries, as I said the price is about $75.00 different yet you argue just like he did, so that tells me you're a cheapskate as well.
So as I already said, an effing teenager can make enough money to cover the difference in cist between american and Chinese optics in less than a weeks time, so spare me to BS whining excuses for supporting China.

Luxuries can wait, so if his sick family member needs his attention, he obviously has no time to go to the range to practice with the new accessories that REQUIRE training to use. Earn the extra money, buy a better quality American made product.

I bought XD guns when they were the only polymer gun that wasn't Glock and back then I didn't know SA didn't actually make the guns, I haven't bought any recently because there are better and American made available NOW.

It is my business when people run this country into the toilet because they want to save a few pennies to get everything NOW. Its your business also, but it sounds like you're on the China bandwagon as well.

I read an article last week that said China is now the wealthiest country in the world, I suppose you're happy to hear that?

So again buy the best quality and American made RDS available, the Trijicon RMR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts