Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got a CZ-75B that I use for shooting competitions. It's too big for CC, but I enjoy shooting the gun. The DA trigger could be better, but the SA trigger is pretty nice.

I've been getting the urge lately to condense my collection to one type of trigger system. Overall, I much prefer the Glock/XD style triggers over DA/SA. No safeties to worry with and no problems with adapting to two trigger pulls. That being said, I'm pondering the idea of trading my CZ-75 for a XDm-9 or XDm-9 3.8. Who owns both and what do you prefer? I think the XDm would make just as good of a competition gun, if not better.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't have the 9; I have the .40 in the 3.8 and really like it. It is my carry weapon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It really depends on what you want. If your just looking for a conceal gun then I would go with the 3.8. I would just recommend that you go and check out both in person.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Had both the XDm9 and sold it to fund the shadow. Don't regret it for a second. If you want a all around pistol for range/carry whatever get a P01 and don't think about anything else. Cz all the way.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had both the XDm9 and sold it to fund the shadow. Don't regret it for a second. If you want a all around pistol for range/carry whatever get a P01 and don't think about anything else. Cz all the way.
Any reason you prefer the CZ over the XDm? I love my CZ, but I've liked every XDm that I've held.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My XDm has at least 5000 rounds through it and is a dedicated competition pistol. For me, the stock trigger is quicker than any of my other production guns. Only mods have been red fiber optic on the front and black Dawson blade on the rear.

Although I am not a fan of of grip safeties, on a competition pistol, it adds another measure of safety for shooter. This makes the XD-m a solid choice in my opinion. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It's a matter of preference. Real hard for us to tell you what you prefer!

Both are excellent guns.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Get a good holster and you will have zero problems carrying the CZ. I used to have a CZ carry gun and prefered it over my XD. I sold it to a neighbor though. Mine had the high gloss blue finish and I destroyed the finish on it from sweat. I had to oil it every night or it was a cheeto after two days. She loved to rust and when I shot matches with her I got some looks. The finish was destroyed on thet pistol lol. I got it alot cheaper cuz they couldn't move it and I was sure I could keep it rust free, oh well....

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I would recommend not selling the CZ. Simply said, you never get your money back when you sell a gun.

I carry a XD9SC EDC and I like it a lot. At about 430$ for a new one could you possibly just save up for one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Personally, it depends on your preferences, as they both have different features (i.e. DA/SA vs striker, etc.). For carry and weight considerations, XD, but for competition, no question I'd prefer my CZ.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
If you ditch the CZ, you will regret it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you ditch the CZ, you will regret it.
+1 to that, AZXD.

I have the XDm .40c for SHTF and eventual carry and a CZ 75B for the range and my downstairs gun. I love them both. I don't foresee getting rid of either, but if I did it would be a very difficult choice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Another vote for keep both. I have a CZ Shadow and love it. I worked the trigger over and it is the smoothest DA pull of any gun I've ever owned. The trigger breaks at 4#DA/2#SA. I've shot my past few matches with it and have done really well.

I also have an XD9 Service also setup for USPSA production. It has been worked over by Springer Precision and the trigger is set at 2.5#.

The CZ has a much softer recoil pulse compared to the XD and the sights seem to track better. Split times are very good and transitions are good. Mag changes are much faster and easier due to the larger magazine well. The XD on the other hand seems to transition better due to the lighter weight and is easier shooting one handed. I really like both and I still can't really decide which I prefer. The trigger reset is about the same on both, but if you have a 75B the firing pin block will make it a little longer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts