Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think is better? The hi-capacity would be custom built by me. The XDM has more mag capacity, but the Caspian will have the better trigger. Everyone have anything else to add?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Your screen name has your answer...;)

Shot placement wins over capacity...

My carry guns hold either 7 or 9 rounds.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your screen name has your answer...;)

Shot placement wins over capacity...

My carry guns hold either 7 or 9 rounds.
That is funny:D. I have the 1911, however i still want some double stacks. So for those what do you think is best XDM or Caspian that i build?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
That is funny:D. I have the 1911, however i still want some double stacks. So for those what do you think is best XDM or Caspian that i build?
I sold my XDs (4 of them) because of the trigger..
I've bought 3 1911s since..

If you want some double stack pistols, I'd look to Sig, Glock, or a used HK...;)
The sloppy, spongy XD/XDm trigger leaves a lot to be desired..
Just MHO...
I'm out...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sold my XDs (4 of them) because of the trigger..
I've bought 3 1911s since..

If you want some double stack pistols, I'd look to Sig, Glock, or a used HK...;)
The sloppy, spongy XD/XDm trigger leaves a lot to be desired..
Just MHO...
I'm out...
I would have a trigger job done on the xd XDM series. It would be about the same pull as my trp 1911, with very little creep and take up.
I hate glocks, sigs not my fav, and my family has a few HKs but in my opinion the HKs don't have Enough mag capacity for how big they are. I will just get the XD XDM series guns for the mag capacity.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I would not even consider trying to compare the Xdm to a Caspian.

Totally different class of guns there.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
I am about to begin a Caspian build myself.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have a XD45 Compact & a 1911. Right after I bought the XD, I sent it to Springer Precision for a trigger job (I agree with you, the XD's trigger isn't the best in the world...but that was the ONLY thing I didn't care for). When it came back, the trigger was superb. Hardly any travel and about a 4lb pull. Very smooth and accurate!

My 1911 came with an excellent trigger, as do most. Both are my EDC, XD in the Winter...1911 in the Summer.

You are faced with a tough decision. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a XD45 Compact & a 1911. Right after I bought the XD, I sent it to Springer Precision for a trigger job (I agree with you, the XD's trigger isn't the best in the world...but that was the ONLY thing I didn't care for). When it came back, the trigger was superb. Hardly any travel and about a 4lb pull. Very smooth and accurate!

My 1911 came with an excellent trigger, as do most. Both are my EDC, XD in the Winter...1911 in the Summer.

You are faced with a tough decision. :D
I have s 1911 SA TRP Light rail now and love it. I am wondering what should I get for hi-capacity, the Caspian build or XDM? by the way the XDM hold more rounds.

·
Registered
267 Posts
As a new XDm45 owner I vote for the XDm and a trigger job. I am a long time 1911 shooter and carried a Gold Cup on duty as a LEO and I really like the 1911. However, if I had the choice now I would chose the XDm because of the rugged construction, high capacity and cost.

However, if are can build a custom gun just the way you want it, the Caspian is the way to go.

Have fun! Either way is great.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Get the 1911, definitiely.

And a high-cap 1911 should have equal if not greater capacity than the XDm.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
A stock 1911 will have a better trigger than a stock XDm. But add the PRP ultimate kit with revised and polished sear, polished striker and good fitting and the Xdm will yield a very nice trigger. I took it as a challenge to get the XDm up to 1911 standards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts