Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went out shooting this afternoon and we shot my GP100 and my XDm 3.8" .40 S&W. My wife is pretty new to shooting, especially pistol shooting. She was shooting my XDm and had the slide not lock back on the last shot a couple of times. There was never a FTF or FTE, just failure to lock back on the last shot. I thought that it might be due to limp wristing, but I'm not that experienced with semi-auto pistol shooting either. I have never had the slide not lock back for me so I was thinking it was shooter related rather than mechanical.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
99% of the time it's due to:

1. Thumb hitting the slide release.
2. Limpwristing.
3. Underpowered reloads.
4. Too heavy a recoil spring.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
99.999% chance of your wife's thumb or finger pressing the slide lock lever during recoil.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
99.999% chance of your wife's thumb or finger pressing the slide lock lever during recoil.
That's happened to me. It can happen to anyone.:oops: The XDm slide lock is just soooo comfortable, I just want to rest my thumb right upon it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would agree, but my wife's hands are very small and cannot even reach the slide release, so it must be something else.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Limpwristing.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I would agree, but my wife's hands are very small and cannot even reach the slide release, so it must be something else.

Have her shoot left handed -- "problem" will go away.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
I have also had this problem with my xdsc9. I bought 500 rounds of reloads at a gun show and it happens with every mag fired with this ammo. I would suggest trying another brand of ammo see if problem persists

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If she shoots two-handed maybe its the other thumb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts