Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a new XDm 9mm 3.8 with Night Sights. I had to pay extra $100 for them. They work great at night. The glowing 3 dots are perfectly clear in the dark. However, when I took it to an indoor range, the sights don't work so well. There were enough light there to not able to see the glow. But not enough to make out the dots. I saw other Night Sights have big white circle around them and seems like it would be easy to see in dimly lit lane. Is there something like that I can add to my Night Sights? Not sure if I should try a to see if White-Out would work. :rolleyes: Probably not...

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
536 Posts
my gun club's range is outside but we have to shoot under a roof and my night sights are uneffective. my big dots completely suck!

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
You don't use the dots during the daytime. You use the outline of the front post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, that's what I've been doing, too. I just thought it would be a better solution. Thanks for the reply. At least, now I know it wasn't just me.

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
I've got Trijicon night sites on one of my Glocks. I wouldn't do it again. Not worth the money IMO.
I guess that would depend if you just wanted your Glock as a range toy, or if it was an actual defensive-use pistol.

I know I'd sure like to be able to see my sights in llow light if I need them...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I guess that would depend if you just wanted your Glock as a range toy, or if it was an actual defensive-use pistol.

I know I'd sure like to be able to see my sights in llow light if I need them...

I was thinking that before I got TruGlos.. but after doing a ton of practice I find when it comes down to it, I most likely will not be worried about getting a "good sight picture" if there is a real threat. It will come down to a point and shoot while I seek cover.

Everyone is very different but I really am not seeing the value in having my night sights at all. Sure they are pretty but are a wasted purchase. Would of rather had another trigger job on my other XDMs.

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
I was thinking that before I got TruGlos.. but after doing a ton of practice I find when it comes down to it, I most likely will not be worried about getting a "good sight picture" if there is a real threat. It will come down to a point and shoot while I seek cover.

Everyone is very different but I really am not seeing the value in having my night sights at all. Sure they are pretty but are a wasted purchase. Would of rather had another trigger job on my other XDMs.
You assume too much.

Yes, point shoot and scoot will likely be the order of the day, should the balloon go up.

Then again, it might not.

Wouldn't it be better to have sights you can actually see in such a situation?

Do what you wish, but saying they won't be useful is a bit naive.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I always read that the Trijicon sights you get installed from SA aren't that good. The HD Sights directly from Trijicon look pretty good. I plan on getting those pretty soon.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I always read that the Trijicon sights you get installed from SA aren't that good. The HD Sights directly from Trijicon look pretty good. I plan on getting those pretty soon.
That is what I heard as well. I have the Trijicons NETxXD links to and they are good. Takes a little time to get used to the white circle vs. the old white dot but low lite performances is good.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the Trijicon HDs on my XDm and they are fast sights in the daytime. I will be putting them on my other XDm very soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts