Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a new xdm owner curious about the different offerings from prp,cc sp and also sa armory services. who offers the best bang for the buck, with a reliable fast turnaround?( had modde my hks with b. springfield and grayguns in the past).
thanks alot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My money goes to Rich at Canyon Creek. He's done alot of work for me and it's all top notch!!!!:razz:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My money goes to Rich at Canyon Creek. He's done alot of work for me and it's all top notch!!!!:razz:
..... just got off the phone with rich-- nice guy!
what did you have done on your 9s?

·
Registered
460 Posts
it depends on what you're looking for. springer has more in the way of USpsa and IDPA mods, compensators, beveled magwells etc. powder river seems to have a lot of your average everyday mods, sites, red dots, triggers, grips etc.
they each bring something different to the table
for instance triggers. the springer triggers remove more travel and reset distances where as the PRP trigger lowers more pull weight.
red dots, springer can mount them on the slide making acquisition faster where as PRP has a mount that attaches to the frame so the red dot is stationary just above the slide while the slide moves freely beneath it. you really cont go wrong with any of them.

I've never read too far into canyon creek so I cant really answer for them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it depends on what you're looking for. springer has more in the way of USpsa and IDPA mods, compensators, beveled magwells etc. powder river seems to have a lot of your average everyday mods, sites, red dots, triggers, grips etc.
they each bring something different to the table
for instance triggers. the springer triggers remove more travel and reset distances where as the PRP trigger lowers more pull weight.
red dots, springer can mount them on the slide making acquisition faster where as PRP has a mount that attaches to the frame so the red dot is stationary just above the slide while the slide moves freely beneath it. you really cont go wrong with any of them.

I've never read too far into canyon creek so I cant really answer for them.
thank you, appreciate to good input!

·
Registered
353 Posts
My PRP trigger has very short reset and pull.. So not sure what the comment above was refering to when he mentioned it would just bring the pull weight down.

Its night and day.

I have only had the trigger done. Purchased the kit from PRP and had my local shop install it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have trigger kits in my 9mm's, an SP in my 4.5" and a PRP in my 5.25". I wanted to see if there was a big difference.

I did them both myself and I really couldn't reccomend one kit over the other they are both excellent, both kits are easy to install. They both reduced travel reset and break weight. They take a different approach to make an ok trigger very very good.

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have trigger kits in my 9mm's, an SP in my 4.5" and a PRP in my 5.25". I wanted to see if there was a big difference.

I did them both myself and I really couldn't reccomend one kit over the other they are both excellent, both kits are easy to install. They both reduced travel reset and break weight. They take a different approach to make an ok trigger very very good.

Dave
Which would you suggest to someone without "gunsmitting" experience? I have taken plenty of pistols apart, but only one all the way, yet have completely disassembled and reassembled the trigger group and BCG of my AR.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. my initial thoughts were to get Springer for some reason... lol (for no real apparent reason)

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Which would you suggest to someone without "gunsmitting" experience? I have taken plenty of pistols apart, but only one all the way, yet have completely disassembled and reassembled the trigger group and BCG of my AR.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. my initial thoughts were to get Springer for some reason... lol (for no real apparent reason)
Powder River or Canyon Creek for no other reason than I'm now biased.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thanks in advance.

As far as results they are equal.

Installation
I like the trigger bar in the SP kit, but if I had to chose I'd say the PRP kit went together a little easier. It dropped right in and it was simple to adjust/file the over travel stop on the back of the trigger. I could adjust it with a very thin emery board without removing it.

You can't go wrong either way and if the PRP trigger was sold out I'd buy the SP kit without hesitation. Both companies have excellent customer service.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My PRP trigger has very short reset and pull.. So not sure what the comment above was refering to when he mentioned it would just bring the pull weight down.

Its night and day.

I have only had the trigger done. Purchased the kit from PRP and had my local shop install it.
both kits reduce travel, reset, and weight, just PRP takes out slightly more weight and SP takes out slightly more T&R.
dont get me wrong, I'm about to drop a PRP into my XDM45

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I landed up going with Rich and Canyon Creek. He did a superb job and was great to work with. I really liked the idea of a custom trigger for my gun and my gun alone...not just a drop in. Here's a link to the work I had done by CC:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-m-d...ot-my-xdm-back-canyon-creek-customs-pics.html

I used to love my XDm...now I REALLY love it...
All I've ever heard is Rich is the man when it comes to XD's, so obviously I must concur with your comments, even if I've never had him do any work on one of my guns.

·
Registered
77 Posts
..... just got off the phone with rich-- nice guy!
what did you have done on your 9s?
Both of my 9mm's have been gone over by Rich. My 4.5 was a complete custom from him with a trigger job, fusioned slide with Rich's adjustable sights, fiber optic front, extended mag release, guide rod ,etc, My 5.25 got a trigger job, improved fitting of slide and barrel, and a .100 FO front sight. Both are awesome shooters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Both of my 9mm's have been gone over by Rich. My 4.5 was a complete custom from him with a trigger job, fusioned slide with Rich's adjustable sights, fiber optic front, extended mag release, guide rod ,etc, My 5.25 got a trigger job, improved fitting of slide and barrel, and a .100 FO front sight. Both are awesome shooters.
great post ,thank you. do you happen to have any pics you can post of the c/c - modifies ones?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts