Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed, both in springfield's brochure, and while examining guns at various dealer's, the word MATCH stamped on the barrel. I have a new

I have a new XDM that DOES NOT have the word MATCH stamped on the side of the barrel. Others I have seen do say this, and even the SA brochure illustrates this.
What gives? Are some stamped this way, and others not?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In answer to my own question, after searching back thru the posts here, I found that the first few pistols simply had MBXXXXXXXX on the barrel, with the MB taking the place of the word MATCH.
I feel better now!! My pistol serial number is not really that low. It's over 103000.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If your barrel doesn't say match on it, you should have received a letter of authenticity or something like that stating that it is in fact a matched barrel. I heard of people getting such letters and I did not. When I called SA they told me if my barrel says match that I wouldn't have a letter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has "MB" stamped on it. 000267, got a first 5000 certificate, neat. I recently got a chance to target shoot a bunch of different .40's as well as 1911's & 220's at a Springfield / Sig demo, and I gotta say, the more I shoot with the XDm, I am stoked with my decision to get it. Just as good as pistols twice the price. Still want the loaded 1911, but want a XDm .45 first. Try going back to 50 - 100+ feet, shoots groups close to the P22 we were shooting. No joke. Sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts