Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up some new 19rd 9mm XDm mags and 2 of them will only hold 18 rounds.

Is this common? Will they "loosen up" after a few cylcles of loading and shooting them?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just bought a new Mag to go with the XDm 9mm I recently bought used at the LGS. The new mag was a pain to load at first, but after a bit it loosened up OK. I can get all 19 in now using the supplied XDm load assist. At about round 15-16, I have to pull the assist off the mag and press down on the top round with the palm of my hand. This apparently sets the rounds better for the last few rounds. If the rounds aren't staggering properly, it's hard to get that much metal in there :)

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Sometime you have to remove the rounds, and reload and tap the magazine a few times in your palm as you get near the top. it should hold all 19 but you might have to use the magazine loader piece that came in the case until they loosen up a bit.

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
It should loosen up.
I have a .40 and the 16th round used to be darn near impossible and now it's not so bad.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Had the same issue. It will fit. I have the Uplula loader and I struggled using it too.. but it fits and the spring loosens up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like you need some Captains of crush grippers? they will help your grip & loading magazines!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can get 17 rounds in some of the 16 round mags, in my XDm 9mm. I use the 16 round mag spacer for a perfect fit. After loading up 17, I rack it to put one in the chamber. Since it's very tight, I don't carry 17+1, just over load it to rack those mags. I only have two of the 16s - my XDm of course takes 18+1.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I highly suggest getting a Uplula loader.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You should try and use a loader like many have already suggested. If you still cant get them in with the loader you need to put a little more elbow grease into it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts