Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up this gun (Elite) to replace an XDM I left my ex-wife (mistake I know, should have given her another gun) and was disappointed to find out the salesman lied or was ignorant that I could use the old mags in the new gun. After searching, including this forum I found I could not. However, a YouTube search yielded a mag conversion kit. The vid had an eBay link and I ordered 4 of the new magazine plates. I just swapped them out in about a minute a piece. Now I have 4 more mags for my new XDM Elite 9mm.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My XDm 3.8" compact 9" mags fit in my XDm 3.8" compact Elite just fine. In fact, I didn't use the couple mags that came with the Elite and only use my other mags. I just removed the magwell, and use my 13 round with Pierce grip and my 19 round mags just fine!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Recreation

·
Registered
342 Posts
My XDm 3.8" compact 9" mags fit in my XDm 3.8" compact Elite just fine. In fact, I didn't use the couple mags that came with the Elite and only use my other mags. I just removed the magwell, and use my 13 round with Pierce grip and my 19 round mags just fine!
View attachment 854522

Having done the same with my 3.8 Elite, the old mags work, too. I suspect the same will happen when one removes the flaired mag wells from the 4.5 and 5.25.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ground a little of the bevel off my XDM 9mm mags and they fit perfectly (very flush) in my kid's Elite. It doesn't look like it will affect the strength of the base plate at all. The first one took me 15/20 min of grinding/testing, the next ones - as I knew what I was doing :LOL::ROFLMAO: was less than 5 min. Of course they all still fit fine in the original XDM. Still wish I could find the extended 22rd base plates.

Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Aluminium Tints and shades

1 - 8 of 8 Posts