Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I read a little something about bending the lips of the 9mm mag to shoot 40s but cant find anymore info. does anyone have any experience with this and instruction on how to do it? I just bought an xdm 40 compact and its coming outta jail tomorrow. I had no mags for it and was overnighted a set of 9mm 19 round mags. They blocked it off at 14 (which seems to me to be the cap for 10 rounds for 40 rounds). can someone please give me some insight? i really want to go shoot this thing tomorrow when i pick it up...

·
Registered
158 Posts
i dont think you read how to modify 9 mags to shoot 40s. you read how to modify 40 mags to shoot 9s. you took a pair of pliers and bent the feed lips on the 40 mags closed a little more to keep the rounds from sitting up so high. i suppose the opposite could be done and you could try to widen the lips on the 40 but i dont know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks scxd40, yea i couldn't find anything on shooting 40s out of 9 mags. i dont think its be too smart without some better info on it. if anyone knows please post! thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.