Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home from work and my XDM was here waiting for me! :) Sent it to Springer last Monday for a Trigger job and Dawson sights. Trigger feels great, sights are awsome! Scott and Christine are the people to go to if you need your XD/XDM worked on! They were great, super service! Chirstine was very quick to answer any questions and Scott even replied to an email that I sent with a question at almost 10:00pm!!! I would recomend them to anyone for any work you want or need to have done! They will get more of my business...:D

Now, my question...

In the first pic below I am curious about the big gap on the back of the slide above the grip safety...is that normal after these trigger jobs?? It just looks really out of the ordinary...

$SAM_0966.jpg

$SAM_0971.jpg

$SAM_0964.jpg

$SAM_0962.jpg

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind the ? .... had another one of the brain fart days I guess...just never noticed that slot there before, but now that it is full of shiny parts in there it really caught my eye!! lol :oops:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shooter, did you paint the lettering on you slide or did the gun come from the factory like that? either way I like it, my lettering is all black.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shooter, did you paint the lettering on you slide or did the gun come from the factory like that? either way I like it, my lettering is all black.
I did the painting on it. There is a sticky on the forum here that explains how to do it but it is REAL easy to do. If you can use a marker you can do it! lol I used Elmers Painters from the hobby section at walmart and a little Hoppes #9 sovent and it turned out great. If you do it, just make sure you let the paint get good and dry before trying to remove the excess with the solvent or you will be starting over...trust me, I did it...patience is a virtue with this process. lol Also did my S&W M&P 15. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are those tritium sights? Can they be used at night?

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Those are Dawson Precision fiber optics, you only get either or. Truglo with their TFO`s are the only sight made that is both tritium and fiber optic.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Those are Dawson Precision fiber optics, you only get either or. Truglo with their TFO`s are the only sight made that is both tritium and fiber optic.
Can you tell me the difference between TFOs and the Dawson Precision fiber optics?

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Can you tell me the difference between TFOs and the Dawson Precision fiber optics?
Truglo holds a patent on the Tritium and fiber optic combo, thats why no one else makes a night sight fiber optic.

I sure can:
Truglo TFO Night Sight Review and Unboxing

This is for a Dawson adjustable night sight, the fiber optic looks the same except with fiber optics instead of tritium vials
Dawson Night Sight Adjustable Review and Unboxing

Dawson 021 front Fiber Optic Review and Unboxing

Dawson Low Profile Fiber Optic Rear Review and Unboxing

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are those tritium sights? Can they be used at night?
Sorry for the delay, been hanging out over in the AR Talk section for the last couple days working on my AR build...

Looks like you got your answer tho...:D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, just an update...

Today the sun decided to shine this afternoon so I grabbed my kids and headed to the desert for some shooting. Those who have been following my threads on here at all know the story behind my XDM woes. 3 weeks ago I could not shoot this thing straight for anything...I swore it was the gun...I was wrong, it was me (Duh) :rolleyes:. Anyway, got it back a few days ago and finally got to get out with it. All I can say is my oh my what a difference! This thing is friggin AWSOME, I am in love all over again! Today, my friends, is a very good day!

$XDM40 at 15yds.jpg
This was at 13-15yds off hand

$XDM Ashlie.jpg
My 17yr old daughter likes it almost as much as me

$XDM Emily.jpg
My 6yr old likes it too (no, she did not shoot it, no there is no mag in the gun and no there is nothing in the chamber...I checked...twice) think she had more fun picking up spent .22 shells tho ;)

$AR-15 Ashlie.jpg
My 17yr old with my AR (first time she shot it)

$AR-15 Emily.jpg
Wanting to be like big sis (again...totally empty gun) ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow! Awesome family day! They reminded me of myself and my sister. My dad first took us out to learn to shoot when we were about 8 yrs old. My dad grew up just north of the California-Oregon border during the Great Depression era. He learned to shoot at a very young age because, sometimes, that's how they got their food. Even though we grew up in the "big city", he felt it was important for us to learn to shoot safely and responsibly.

By the way, my father started his family at a later stage in his life. He retired from the Army as a Chief Warrant Officer 2 after seeing combat in both WWII and Korea. I was born shortly before he retired, my sister a year later.

Those were great times and I miss him very much. Thank you so much for sharing with us. You have a lovely family.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! Awesome family day! They reminded me of myself and my sister. My dad first took us out to learn to shoot when we were about 8 yrs old. My dad grew up just north of the California-Oregon border during the Great Depression era. He learned to shoot at a very young age because, sometimes, that's how they got their food. Even though we grew up in the "big city", he felt it was important for us to learn to shoot safely and responsibly.

By the way, my father started his family at a later stage in his life. He retired from the Army as a Chief Warrant Officer 2 after seeing combat in both WWII and Korea. I was born shortly before he retired, my sister a year later.

Those were great times and I miss him very much. Thank you so much for sharing with us. You have a lovely family.
Thank you! I started all my kids young too. I think my son was about 7-8 when I got him is first "air gun" and at about 9-10 he got his .22. Been a fan of shooting since. My oldest daughter doesn't want a gun but will gladly shoot mine...think she needs one anyway cuz I know she would like it...she has been shooting since about the same age as my son. The little one is just getting started...she is only 6 coming up on 7 in November so I am just getting her introduced to and used to being around them.

I was 10 when I got my first .22, my grandpa got it for me for Christmas...that was an awsome Christmas let me tell ya! Rabbit hunting after Christmas dinner with grandpa! :D lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice Pictures XDm Shooter.

Huge difference in the trigger job. Scott does do Excellent work.

That is Awesome that you had a Great Family day at the range. I bet if you took the oldest to the gun store, she'd find a gun she liked ;) maybe n Pink.... LOL

Good write up.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great pictures... your 6 year old daughter looks cute holding that AR:D

I applaud parents instructing and educating their kids on firearm safety and responsibility.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts