Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep my hadngun up to 8 hours a day in my car, I live in Texas so it gets pretty hot 100 degrees plus and humidity. I have yet to shoot my new XDM.40, was woundering if the heat from inside the car would have any effect on the lube in the gun, meaning will it dry up or should I be ok when I go to the range this weekend? Should I re-lube the gun? Any thoughts on Hoppes lube or are you guys using a better lube that you could recommend, thanks!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think a little lube before action never hurts.

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Froglube...I use it on my 1991A1 all steel, boiling hot when I get back out to my car after work (gotta hold it in the AC vent air for a min or two to cool it off to reholster it!)...nice thing is...froglube works BEST with heat!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Spit works good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Froglube...I use it on my 1991A1 all steel, boiling hot when I get back out to my car after work (gotta hold it in the AC vent air for a min or two to cool it off to reholster it!)...nice thing is...froglube works BEST with heat!
^Yep. What he said. Froglube it. Give your Hoppes to someone you don't like.:) Just kidd'n. I used hoppes all my life and was happy with it. Then I found out about froglube here on this forum and decided to give it a try. FANTASTIC stuff. Do a little research on it. It lives up to the hype.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use Royal purple maxfilm and gun oil mix. They have a cool additive that works like teflon if it dries. Always lubricated even if the oil dries.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I use gunbutter, seems to work just fine. I keep my XD9sc in my car too and it's hot to the touch. I went to the range one day, left it in the car, went out and got it, shot it, no issues.

| Gun Butter

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Up here in the D/FW area, keep mine in a hot glove box in 100 degree plus weather. I switched to Tetra Gun grease. Stays in place, no run, noticeable buttery smooth action. :D

FTI, Inc. - Tetra Gun Care Products

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Remember these XD pistols do not require much in the way of lubricants to make them work properly. A drop here and there at the lube points of pretty much anything should do the job very well. These are supposed to be Extreme Duty pistols after all.
I really don't buy into all the hype of some of these products,especially when there not needed.
Heck I've used everything fromDri lube to Luberplate to Hoppie's to Mobil One V-Twin 15/50 oil that I put in my Harley. Figuring if it's good enough for my Harley it's good enough for my pistols.....It is, and all the pistols work just fine, and show no unusual wear marks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Haven't tried FrogLube yet, but I've been using BreakFree CLP for 30+ years and haven't had any issues. Been thinking of trying out FrogLube though. As for the heat in Texas, I live in the Fort Hood area and after ninety days this year with 100+ temperatures I haven't had any problems thus far with BreakFree!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts