Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sent my XDM .40 off to Springer today :cry:...going to be getting the Combat Carry 3.5# trigger job, factory clean up, Dawson Precission Fiber Optic front and rear sights...:D

I miss it already...but will be SOOOO happy when she gets back I know!:cool:

Will let you all know how it turns out! Am super excited!!! :shock:

·
Banned
744 Posts
Well, I sent my XDM .40 off to Springer today :cry:...going to be getting the Combat Carry 3.5# trigger job, factory clean up, Dawson Precission Fiber Optic front and rear sights...:D

I miss it already...but will be SOOOO happy when she gets back I know!:cool:

Will let you all know how it turns out! Am super excited!!! :shock:

Yeah mines there for warranty work. Im feeling lonely too.

So what's the difference between those sites you're getting and trijicon night sights? I was thinking of getting night sights added while its there but wasn't sure about price. I could call obviously but was wondering if anyone on here knew?

·
Registered
353 Posts
What kind of warranty work?

I still want to meet someone who has a Springer trigger job to compare to the PRP one I have.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Yeah, would like to try a springer done trigger too. I know mine with the PRP parts and home polishing efforts have made it vastly superior to the original.

The one unexpected, but much appreciated, benefit of doing the PRP trigger is the vastly better understanding of how the gun works and the confidence in being able to repair it if it should ever go wonky.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Reading the title I was set to come in with condolences but after reading why it's gone and what it will be like when you get it back, you get nothing but jealousy from me. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading the title I was set to come in with condolences but after reading why it's gone and what it will be like when you get it back, you get nothing but jealousy from me. :)
:p Am excited to get it back...looking for it any day now. Seems like it has been gone for too long already, and only on day 5 days! :shock: I feel like a little kid at Christmas time...knowing what your getting but can't have until that day! lol

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it back today! :) I am sooo excited to go shoot it now. As soon as I get it out I will post back with details! What I can say is this Springer Trigger is oh so sweet. 3.5# on the dot and breaks clean, crisp and very nice. Short reset, short pull with VERY little pretravel!

Check out the attached pics...I do have a questions for anyone who can answer (BTW I also have a post in gunsmithing thread about this too). In the first pic it shows a big "hole" at the bottom of the slide...is that normal after one of these trigger jobs?

$SAM_0962.jpg $SAM_0964.jpg $SAM_0966.jpg $SAM_0971.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
My XDm .45 has the same hole at the bottom of the slide, and it is stock. I would say that is normal. It is needed to clear some internal parts when removing the slide from the frame.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My XDm .45 has the same hole at the bottom of the slide, and it is stock. I would say that is normal. It is needed to clear some internal parts when removing the slide from the frame.
Holy crap man...I never noticed that before I sent it in for the work! LMAO now that is imbarrassing!! :oops:

Thanks for the info 03ltrain!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts