Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions for XDM 9mm 3.8" nite sight upgrade for IDPA.

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did the point of aim change?
I'm wondering if it will still fit in my Comp-Tac competition paddle holster.

·
Registered
806 Posts
From what I've seen in IDPA, most of the "serious" competitors use the dawson front. I'm running an XDm right now with the factory sites, I used to have an XD with the Dawson front/rear, but it stayed on the gun when I traded it off to get an XDM Compact. I miss it, and hopefully Santa will be real nice this year with an XDM 5.25" for next year's IDPA season.

·
Registered
340 Posts
How did the point of aim change?
I'm wondering if it will still fit in my Comp-Tac competition paddle holster.

It didn't change.

I have a comp-tac MTAC concealed carry holster, and the gun still fits fine in it with the new sights. I'm not sure if the MTAC and competition holsters have the same sight clearance, I assume they do though.

I've been using the paddle holster that comes with the XDm for my IDPA/IPSC shoots, and it still fits fine in there with the HD sights

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone know the factory front sights height? I measured .159 height, x .150 width but I saw in one of the sight shops that they carry .160 height by either .100 or .125 width. Dawson, sells them in .145 .150 .160 heights x either .100 & .125

If I order the .160 height will that effect my point of impact? Also the width, does it matter?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm not a math major, but I think this is correct:

For a .001 variance on a 6" sight distance.

@10 yards(360") your variance will be approx 0.06"

The rounds themselves are 0.356". So you'd still be hitting the same bullet hole with either sight post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts