Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the XDm fit in Blackhawk holsters made for the XD ?
Got ahead of myself as XDm .40 is still on its way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't know about Black hawk holsters because I've never owned one but here's a list that I posted a while back of Safariland holsters and mag pouches that will fit the XDM.

Springfield Armory XDM .40; 4.50” BBL

Part No. Description Will Fit Information

1090-140 Gun Quick Holster Springfield Armory

5187-49 Concealment Belt Slide Holster XDM .40

5188-49 Concealment Paddle Holster 4.50” BBL

567-49 Concealment Belt Slide Holster

568-49 Concealment Paddle Holster

747-49 Concealment Pancake Holster

6377-149 ALS Concealment Belt Slide Holster

6378-149 ALS Concealment Paddle Holster

6004-149 SLS Tactical Thigh Holster

6005-149 SLS Tactical Thigh Holster, Quick Release

6280-149 SLS Duty Holster

6285-149 SLS Duty Holster, 1.50” Drop

6287-149 SLS Concealment Belt Slide Holster

6288-149 SLS Concealment Paddle Holster

6304-149 ALS Tactical Thigh Holster with SLS

6305-149 ALS Tactical Thigh Holster with SLS, Quick Release

6354-149 ALS Tactical Thigh Holster

6355-149 ALS Tactical Thigh Holster, Quick Release

6320-149 ALS Level I Plus Duty Holster

6325-149 ALS Level I Plus Duty Holster, 1.50” Drop

6360-149 ALS Level II Plus Duty Holster

6365-149 ALS Level II Plus Duty Holster, 1.50” Drop

6367-149 ALS Concealment Belt Slide Holster with SLS

6388-149 ALS Concealment Paddle Holster with SLS

4062-18 Nylok Pro Inside the Pants Holster

4077-18 Nylok Pro Heavy Duty Hi Ride Belt Slide Holster

4073-23 Nylok Pro Snap Strap Field Holster

074-83 Magazine Pouch with Paddle

079-83 Double Magazine Pouch, Snap-On

123-83 Soft Magazine Pouch

177-83 Double Magazine Pouch

572-83 Double Magazine Pouch with Paddle

573-83 Single Magazine Pouch with Handcuff Pouch

73-83 Double Magazine Pouch without Flaps

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just tried my XDm in my off duty blackhawk serpa holster and it appears to fit fine. after inserting gave it a few tugs and the lock seems to be engaging. The XDm also fits in my fobus xd holster too.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The XDm, being slightly slimmer in the exterior area of the "guide rails" on the slide will fit in all the previous XD hoslters, but the XD's will NOT fit in the supplied XDm holster because of that slight extra external width. You should be able to use any previous XD holster with your XDm in my opinion. All mine are usable and retain the gun just fine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The XDm, being slightly slimmer in the exterior area of the "guide rails" on the slide will fit in all the previous XD hoslters, but the XD's will NOT fit in the supplied XDm holster because of that slight extra external width. You should be able to use any previous XD holster with your XDm in my opinion. All mine are usable and retain the gun just fine.
X2 on all 'it will fit ok' comments. The one I tried worked Perfectly. That is my next investment

·
Registered
537 Posts
For the XD-SC 9

I can tell is there, but taking into account it's a full service 4.5 inch handgun with 17 rounds of .40:cool: man it is NICE!

I'll post some pics later...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Need some advice I need to get a duty holster for my xdm9 I just dont know what to get. Also must be basket weave and also looking for a level 2-3 retention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
im trying to find a blackhawk drop leg holster for xdm and a light bearing holster. Any body know if blackhawk makes that? thanks,
brad

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just recently purchased an XDM 9mm, and I also just finished my concealed carry class/applied for permit. This may be naivety, but if the holster fits the XDM 40, would it also fit te XDM 9? or do they make different holsters for different calibers of each model? :confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just bought a Galco Leather holster for my XDm. The holster was intended for a XD. Well, after I bought it I was cleaning my CCW..FNP 9mm and low and behold it fits perfect...Gonna have to buy another one now for the XDm sicne I didnt have a holster yet for the FNP.

·
Registered
633 Posts
AVALANCHJH Look at the Safariland 6280 it is a level 2 duty holster

·
Registered
633 Posts
Onley147 Blackhawk Serpa Tactical level 3 with light. They cost about $230.00 look at L.A. Tacticals web site

·
Registered
64 Posts
kjbob1852 - thanks for the input im going this weekend to one of the stores near me to see what they have. I was also looking into getting a Blackhawk holster just sucks that everything has to be basket weave print for a little while more.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just recently purchased an XDM 9mm, and I also just finished my concealed carry class/applied for permit. This may be naivety, but if the holster fits the XDM 40, would it also fit te XDM 9? or do they make different holsters for different calibers of each model? :confused:
Should fit either without any issue. Congrats on finishing your class...and congrats on the new xdm!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
668 Posts
i would like to start carrying my xdm daily. any suggestions on a comfortable holster? i live in PA i got the winter carry holster cover but i need some help with the summer holsters, when i'm just wear a t-shirt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up a Safariland ALS 6378 for my XDM a few weeks ago. It was made for the XD, but fits fine minus a little play in the retention lock.

However, I'm still can't wait for the day when XDM specific holsters finally get to market.

-Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blackhawk does not make a light-bearing holster for the XDM but Safari-land does the model number is 6004-149-121 for the right handed version in black. Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 23 Posts