Springfield XD Forum banner

XDM Holster?

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Hegs 
#1 ·
So I havent used the XMD holster, noticed this is a farely hard plastic. I also noticed that there are some sharp edges inside the holster. Has anybody has any bad experience with their XDM holster. Just seems it would wear the finish in the pistol very fast.

#2 ·
It looks to be about the same as the regular XD holster and it will mark it up. Some guys put tape inside the holster but I with with a Blackhawk CQC for both my XD and XDM and haven't noticed any unwanted marks so far.

#3 ·
have used my factory XDm holster exclusively for a good deal of range time. No significant wear to speak of...... but, that being said... my gun is for use, home defense, range time etc..... it's not a show piece so I don't really care if there is a nick or scratch on it here or there, so I don't inspect it that closely to look for any imperfections.

#6 ·
I don't use mine very often. I attached it to the door panel of my vehicle, but I usually just end up wearing in my IWB while driving instead of taking it out.
It does seem that it would be more harsh on a finish than leather would be. I guess it depends on how often you remove and insert your gun into the holster.

#8 ·
There are marks, but I think it's transfer of the holster material onto the surface of the gun more than the finish being worn off.

#11 ·
I am with windsearcher. My gun is not a show gun so I do not mind wear from use, so I do not baby it in regards to the holster. That being said I am a little OCD so I do notice some marks after doing draw and fire drills. When I clean my gun I use a paper towel to protect the table from the gun (Normally on my kitchen table) so it will get a little oil on it. I use that paper towel to wipe down the gun afterward and the marks go away. So as of yet after lots of draw and fire drills, CCW when I am out of town (live in IL) and 800 rounds in 5 months I do not have any scratches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.