Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the xdm 3.8 compact 40 caliber. Shot a few hundred rounds through it. Loved it. One thing I noticed was that when I utilized the full size magazine that holds 16+1, My accuracy is way better than with the smaller flush mag. I put a pearce pinky extender...but at 15 yards...my shots were not very tight. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
326 Posts
Did you clean it before shooting? What ammo were you using? You probably got the barrel too hot. But it should be able to handle that. And maybe you are used to "bigger"(length) guns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you clean it before shooting? What ammo were you using? You probably got the barrel too hot. But it should be able to handle that. And maybe you are used to "bigger"(length) guns.
Actually...that was shooting new straight out of the box. I probably should have cleaned it over before firing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Actually...that was shooting new straight out of the box. I probably should have cleaned it over before firing.
Every time I bought a firearm, I cleaned it before shooting. I don't clean it extensively but enough to make sure everything is safe and clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts