Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people (myself included), feel that the Glock 19 is the best size for an all around handgun. It easily conceals yet is large enough to shoot all day at the range. I wish Springfield would stop jacking around and just offer the XDm in the same dimensions as the 19.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Where's the incentive to buy a XDm if they are too much like a Glock? I am happy that Springfield offers an alternative to Gaston Glock's "Perfection".

I've fired Glocks but being a former 1911 guy, they're just not for me... That's why I own 2 XDs and one XDm (so far).

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is making one the same size too much like a Glock? The 19 has it down as far as a desirable overall dimensions go. Take a look at the H&K USP, CZ P07, others. Think it is just coincidence that they are essentially identical in size to the 19?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
XDM 9mm Compact, if you think the CZ P01 is the same size as the Glock 19 then so is the XDM I point out. I have both the XDM 9mm Compact and the CZ P01, the CZ is actually a little longer due to the hammer, other than that they are very close in dimension without getting the ruler out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
if i wanted something "just like a glock" - i would "just buy a glock". i simply prefer many options and springfield offers that. an alternative to plain ol "vanilla" guns.
if all you want is a glock 19 with "springfield armory" on the side then go buy you some paint and stencils and have at it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am simply saying that Glock got the size right on the 19. I prefer the XDm, and wish that they made it in this size. And yes, I do have a Glock 19.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XDM 9mm Compact, if you think the CZ P01 is the same size as the Glock 19 then so is the XDM I point out. I have both the XDM 9mm Compact and the CZ P01, the CZ is actually a little longer due to the hammer, other than that they are very close in dimension without getting the ruler out.

I never said anything about the P01. I said the P07.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I ran into this, and what I did was got both, I have an XD9SC and a Glock 19. The Glock is the "new" gun, so I have been carrying it a lot. That said, my XD is the BEST for concealed carry, especially now that it is HOT. I do not like the XDM compact, so I bought a Glock.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ummm, they don't make an XDm close to the G19 because of the XD-9 service model. Have you been living under a rock?

Glock19:
Height: 5.00"
Length: 6.85"
Barrel length: 4.02"
Capacity: 15+1

XD-9 service:
Height: 5.50"
Length: 7.30"
Barrel length: 4.00"
Capacity: 16+1

Not gonna get much closer than that without blatantly copying the G19 design. The XD-9 is a touch bigger, 1/2 of an inch in length and height, but both of these are 4" barrel, mid-size, polymer, striker-fired pistols with high capacity. Almost every manufacturer that makes polymer-framed pistols makes a 4" model. Glock is not the only manufacturer of various sizes of polymer pistols. I can go to the range with my XD-9 service and shoot hundreds of rounds no problem, and I can also conceal it easily.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I ran into this, and what I did was got both, I have an XD9SC and a Glock 19. The Glock is the "new" gun, so I have been carrying it a lot. That said, my XD is the BEST for concealed carry, especially now that it is HOT. I do not like the XDM compact, so I bought a Glock.
I have the same as you but chose to carry the Glock due to its weight and I shot a bit better with it. I have the same IWB Galco King Tuck holsters for both.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I would say that allot of real gun enthuist, would have both of these in their collection. Just a matter of which one you put in there first. ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Glock19:
Height: 5.00"
Length: 6.85"
Barrel length: 4.02"
Capacity: 15+1

XDM Compact
Height: 4.75" / 5.75"
Length: 6.75"
Barrel Length: 3.8
Capacity: 13 / 16 rounds

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have you learned how to read? I could care less about the XD. I specifically said the XDm.
Question is, have you learned to read? I read your post, saw that you want an XDm close to the G19, and I responded accordingly, telling you why there is no XDm close to the G19. Deal with it.

The XD-9 service is the closest to the G19 that you will find. SA will never make an XDm that is closer to the G19 because it already exists – it's called the XD-9 service model. Do a little research, my friend. :idea:

As WGSNewnan also pointed out, the XDm compact is also close. If you want a G19 so badly, go buy one.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stupid is as stupid does. Reading is fundamental. Maybe one of these will sink into you WinterWizard.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I'd rather have a G19 than any XD or XDm pistol anyway..

Oh wait, I already do...:shock:;)

The Glock fits my needs.
The XD/XDm line doesn't.
So I bought the Glock and don't fret about what Springfield does and doesn't offer..

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Guys he is just looking for a fight. Some people just like to bitch...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts