Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to get my youngest of 3 brothers interested in shooting, or the outdoors in general. He's 14 and into video games more than anything. After i bought my XDm 3.8 9mm back in March, I got him to shoot it once, and now he's hooked! He's always calling me asking me to bring my gun out.

I took him to the range for the 1st time this last sunday. He blasted almost 200 rounds at a Zombie BinLaden, Zombie Clown, and some other zombie target. I have created a monster!!!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the pics! The shots are hard to see with these targets, but oh well. Most are his. Not bad for his first time! I shot the brain and the hand from 20 yards. This is actually my first range trip with this gun as well. I have been going out to our farm and shooting old coolers with it:razz:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Awesome! I know I tried all different handguns before I rented the XD45 at the range and thus my love of XDs began!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats, and thanks for bringing a new shooter into the wonderful world of the 2nd Amendment. I've actually brought several female shooters into the fold lately and it really is a great feeling seeing them enjoy themselves and feel an extra sense of empowerment. Well done, sir.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those zombie targets are a really good idea to capture their interest!! When I get my son for summer vacation, gonna hit the gun range and hopefully they have some of those targets. He is almost 12, so figured its a good time to get him involved. Gonna rent a .22 to teach him on, then let him fire off some 9mm from mine at the end if he wants to.

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Nice targets! :D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Glad your having fun with the XDM. Looks like a good .22lr is needed. You can shoot about 5 times as many rounds for the money. My Walther P22 has been getting a work out over the past month( 2000 rounds). If i didn't have it a couldn't afford to let the kids (8 and 13) shoot as much.
Keep having fun:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats on taking your little brother to his first range shoot! That had to be so much fun for him! I'll bet the look on his face was priceless. Well done!!! I think the .22lr is also a good idea...so you don't go broke buying all the ammo your brother will want to shoot.

Ya know...next thing is to teach him how to reload is own ammo! Think about it...he can load ammo for you and for himself! Just a thought.

By the way, those targets are pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like you're reloading idea!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know I sure enjoy playing Call of Duty, but it doesn't even compare to a good time at the range. It's the smell that gets me. Mmm, gunpowder.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
22's are alot cheaper and more fun since you can shoot alot more and you don't have to reload. Keep up the fun.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes they do! And these really help get people's attention when they aren't typically interested in shooting. And I won't lie, they were pretty damn fun for even me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts