Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XDm that I shoot well. Is the new trigger that much better to justify the upgrade?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Full disclosure: I have both the old 3.8 full size as well as the old 5.25. I used to have the old 3.8 compact and the first two generations of the 4.5. I miss those three guns. None of the triggers on any of the XDm’s bothered me. Then I held the XDM Elite OSP in my hand and I knew I had to have it. Never mind that I have no intention of owning a can or don’t really like a red dot on a handgun; the Elite OSP felt great in my hand. And so did the improved trigger. But as much improvements that they made on the trigger, it’s still an XDM trigger.

What I’m saying is, unless you just want an Elite (and lemme tell ya, it’s a sweet feel) don’t waste your money. Get a better trigger for the one you have and spend a third of the money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your advice. I saw a video where Rob Leatham said he was putting flat faced triggers on all his guns. I haven't tried one yet

Reactions: M. J.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I owned two of the original XD-m 5.25 models, and I specifically sold both due to my dislike for the trigger. Here is the story:

Several years ago I won an XD-m 5.25 bi-tone in the, now defunct, GlockTalk forum raffle. After picking up the new 5.25 beauty, I was immediately turned off by the less than stellar trigger on what was supposed to be a "competition-level" handgun. I took it to the range, and although i liked the accuracy, I still could not accept the trigger, and was unwilling to invest well over $100 to make it better. I then sold the like-new XD-m to my wife's boss. A year went by, and I was feeling a bit of regret that I hadn't given the XD-m 5.25 a fair shake, so I went and bought the all black version. I once again had an acceptable few trips to the range, but I never warmed to the gun due once again to the trigger. I mulled over doing a trigger upgrade, but in the end I just decided to sell it and put the money towards a 5" version of the PPQ... I can tell you that the PPQ trigger straight out of the box is so good that it is as if it comes from another galaxy.

Fast forward to a few months ago, when the XD-m Elite was introduced... After reading that Springfield had just introduced a new "Elite version of the XD-m with an improved trigger, I decided that it was time once again to try one out, so I bought the XD-m 5.25 Elite Precision. Upon taking it to the range, I realized that THIS was the XD-m that I had been waiting for. Did it have a World-class trigger like a PPQ, VP9 or an Apex M&P? No, but it was finally a trigger that was not a mismatch to the handgun, and was actually pretty good. I don't think that I will be selling this XD-m Elite anytime soon.

Plenty good for me!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm wondering this too... what's the chances of this being somewhat of a drop-in upgrade?

M. J. do the parts hook up in all the same places?

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I have a XDM9 5.25 that had some trigger work done by Springer. looks stock, but is supposedly adjustable. I have never tried to adjust it. I have added a 'Memory Pad' Grip Safety and a extended Magazine release.

I have two XDM10's 5.25 and 4.5, they have pure stock triggers that I think work well.

I have a XDM9 Elite 3.8" inbound so I'll find out for myself how this works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts