Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPRINGER PRECISION, offers a flat face trigger without the blade safety, it also does not have the built in, over travel stop, that the stock XDM ELITE trigger has.It is $50, so i would like to see some comments, if anyone has one or shot with one. I think I would like it, but??

·
Registered
34 Posts
By going to the springer you'll have a longer trigger pull and reset and you lose the inertial safety that protects you and others if the gun is dropped butt down. Personally, I'd stick with the META. I have a flat face trigger on a Glock 34 and it doesn't make the gun shoot any better, wish I had just spent the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have asked a couple parts suppliers for info on that SPRINGER trigger, no answers yet. The over travel, creep and take- up are my concerns. The blade safety is what I want to loose, without it, there is the striker block and grip safety.
I am not a big fan of disabling a safety, but it would not be less safe than my pistols that don`t have the blade safety in the trigger.
Just for fun, I cycled the slide and "beat" the rear of the slide with a rubber mallet (unloaded gun) and could not get the striker to release.I had the blade safety tied back. The smooth faced trigger would give the trigger face a better feel.
Sure would like to hear from someone that has that trigger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Blade safety is not to prevent the sear from releasing the striker. It prevents inertia from pulling the trigger rearward which will also disengage the firing pin safety. I'm hoping the springer trigger has a low mass design that will help prevent any AD.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, XDm ED. I am on your side, safety first. But, there is a the grip safety, in case you drop it.
Just asking a comparison of the SPRINGER and OME META trigger.

Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think @XDm Ed has it right... IMHO the longer pull, reset, and lack of integral overstop would probably make the trigger much worse. I personally don't even notice the blade though, so I may not be the best to ask in your case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts