Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just picked up a new XDm Elite 3.8 a couple days ago. Haven’t gotten to the range but I’m dry firing I have noticed that there seems to be what I would call a false reset on it. Not sure what else to call it. Just wanted to see if others are experiencing this or if it’s a normal XD thing. I own a Hellcat that doesn’t do it but no XD’s of any kind to check. If you watch this video at the 3:54 mark you can see his do it and it is even gets him to pull the trigger again even though it hadn’t reached the true reset. I plan on seeing how it shoots. I don’t think it will be an issue but I just wasn’t expecting it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I’ve done some more playing around with it and I think I’ve found the issue. Well not why it’s doing it but when. If you rack the slide and ride the slide forward it will do it every time. However, if you pull the slide back and let it go forward on its own (similar to if it were firing) it does not do it. Ever. I can’t tell you why this makes a difference but it does. It’s a weird quirk but since it only does it when you ride the slide forward I don’t believe it will happen while firing. This seems to be a dry firing issue only and only then when you rack the slide a certain way.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Does it also only occur when you hold the trigger back while manually cycling/ride the slide? And not when you release the trigger before cycling/riding the slide?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it also only occur when you hold the trigger back while manually cycling/ride the slide? And not when you release the trigger before cycling/riding the slide?
I’ve only ever held the trigger back and racked the slide. I said above the it was “dry firing issue only” but that was poor wording. It’s not an issue if it only happens while I’m manually racking the slide and then riding the slide forward and doesn’t do it while firing (ie not running the gun how it was intended to be ran). I can’t explain why there’s a difference but there is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What it sounds like is the trigger bar needs a little more clearance to get by the disconnector. When you let the slide slam forward normally it jars things enough to work. It may polish up on its own over time but those parts are hard to resist wear. Probably about .0005-.001 would do it. Could be just a little burr too. Just take it out and shoot the crap out of it. If you go to PRP’s site they have an animation on how the trigger works and resets. There is a small triangular part on the lifter that the bar must clear to lift up and reset. It’s easier to watch than explain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts