Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m an idiot and was too aggressive taking off the magwell. The magwell snapped at the thin point and now I need a new one. I’ve looked moderately long on the internet for more info on these and where I can find them but I haven’t had any luck. I plan on calling customer service tomorrow when they’re open but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask here. Thanks!

I have the 4.5” model btw

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just called them. They said since these are made in Croatia by HS Produkt that they don’t have any spare parts. Something to the tune of “they don’t like shipping small parts like that”. Gave them my info and Springfield said if I don’t hear from them in a month then it’s unlikely I’d get a replacement. After the call with SA I called HS Produkt and asked the guy speaking Croatian if he spoke English or anyone there does. He hung up. Weird. Moral to the story, don’t be an idiot like me taking the magwell off while changing the back strap size.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Stay on their ass, call them every week about this.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Stay on their ass, call them every week about this.
That sounds great, but I wouldn’t have time for it. People on here who have time need to help out and chip in 10x the emails and phone calls he can put in.

Reactions: Riese1825

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shouldn't matter where it's made. End of the day it's a SA product. They should be able to supply the parts.
Wish SA had the same mindset as us

That sounds great, but I wouldn’t have time for it. People on here who have time need to help out and chip in 10x the emails and phone calls he can put in.
Yeah man thanks for the call to arms. It’s honestly not even the time factor for me though, it’s the expected let down I know that’s going to happen after every single call. Plus I hate pestering the regular support folks who have to deal with and try to clean up the mess that management should have been on top of so these issues never even would occur. I mean a gun company not having replacement parts for thin plastic pieces?

Does anyone know what SA does for warranty claims with the Croatian made firearms? Do they just send the gun to Croatia?

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Does anyone know what SA does for warranty claims with the Croatian made firearms? Do they just send the gun to Croatia?
Don't know about that, but not having replacement parts ON HAND for a gun in your catalog is pisspoor service.
I've never needed customer service from SA, but everything I've heard from others is that they're pretty good.
What you laid-out is very double-plus ungood.
They don't LIKE to ship small parts?
Give me a freakin break. That's bull-oney.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Honestly give them a break, these are brand new guns that you can barely even get your hands on. The special parts that make it was it is are going to take some time before they are available as a replacement part. I'm willing to bet if you sent the gun in, it would get taken care of faster then trying to get a part sent to you. I ran into this with my CZ Scorpion, I was told it could be 6 months before the part was available and I sent the gun in instead of waiting and trying to fix it myself and I had it back in exactly 2 weeks from when I sent it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly give them a break, these are brand new guns that you can barely even get your hands on. The special parts that make it was it is are going to take some time before they are available as a replacement part. I'm willing to bet if you sent the gun in, it would get taken care of faster then trying to get a part sent to you. I ran into this with my CZ Scorpion, I was told it could be 6 months before the part was available and I sent the gun in instead of waiting and trying to fix it myself and I had it back in exactly 2 weeks from when I sent it out.

I asked if I could get it replaced by sending it back. He said the only thing I could do is wait a month and see if SA contacts me, otherwise it’s not gonna happen.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Reactions: Knucklebuster

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah... no.
Sound like a whiner to me! Here's an idea, don't break your stuff and follow instructions, don't blame them because someone broke a part to a brand new model where the supply chain is currently dedicated to getting the guns in shops, not fixing boo boo's that are the owners fault. To the OP I believe my tactical comes with both size Wells, I'll sell you the one that doesn't come on the gun if you don't want to wait.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
And you sound like an apologist PR hack... BFD.

Think you can insult me?
Try harder, pal.
No affiliation with SA at all, just not so entitled that I demand a gun company bail me out of my screw up on a brand new model in the middle of a gun panic. I'd rather them put more guns in people's hands than fix a problem that isn't thiers... Why am I hack because I called you out on whining like most of my generation does? Get over yourself. You also must not realize it's also partially intentional by SA, that way you can't just upgrade your older model into a newer model by giving them a friend's serial number and a list of parts you "broke". Don't like it switch brands and quite whining.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Whether an owner is directly at fault or not, the manufacturer should have some parts available, even on a brand-new gun, even at launch. Failing to do so means they rushed the launch. I mean, stuff happens. How hard is it to prepare, even a little? Now it's also possible those parts are on hand, but there's a gap in information and/or staffing due to the pandemic thing.

Waiting for SA to call you? LOL, hold your breath. Not because SA is a bad company, per se, but it's been my experience throughout life, that very few companies follow up on issues, even minor ones. It will be up to you to get this resolved.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Whether an owner is directly at fault or not, the manufacturer should have some parts available, even on a brand-new gun, even at launch. Failing to do so means they rushed the launch. I mean, stuff happens. How hard is it to prepare, even a little? Now it's also possible those parts are on hand, but there's a gap in information and/or staffing due to the pandemic thing.

Waiting for SA to call you? LOL, hold your breath. Not because SA is a bad company, per se, but it's been my experience throughout life, that very few companies follow up on issues, even minor ones. It will be up to you to get this resolved.
Nope. Wrong.
Expecting a company to stand behind it's products is just so much whining.
At least, that's what I read in a dopey troll-post on some obscure gun forum...

Supply chain issues are a real thing. So is the expectation of replacement parts or, at least, an explanation for the shortage/delay. That's called customer service.

Relative time on the market, (possibly planned) scarcity, and the reason behind the part failure/breakage is inconsequential... if the thing had spontaneously combusted there would be the same number of replacements available (hopefully with a new anti-burst-into-flames feature).

Don't like it? Move along.
Okay.. waaay ahead of ya there, chief.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nope. Wrong.
Expecting a company to stand behind it's products is just so much whining.
At least, that's what I read in a dopey troll-post on some obscure gun forum...

Supply chain issues are a real thing. So is the expectation of replacement parts or, at least, an explanation for the shortage/delay. That's called customer service.

Relative time on the market, (possibly planned) scarcity, and the reason behind the part failure/breakage is inconsequential... if the thing had spontaneously combusted there would be the same number of replacements available (hopefully with a new anti-burst-into-flames feature).

Don't like it? Move along.
Okay.. waaay ahead of ya there, chief.
You obviously haven't moved along as you're still whining and crying and this gun forum seems to be your life from your post count so you won't move on. Also you quoted the wrong post Jonny...

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
No, I quoted the right post.
I wasn't addressing you directly but you seem to be looking for some sort of confrontation.
Maybe time to get over it, it's not really that interesting.
But keep trying, champ. I'm sure you'll find someone here to play along...

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, I quoted the right post.
I wasn't addressing you directly.
Maybe time to get over it, it's not really that interesting.
Really the post you quoted was agreeing with you and you told them they were wrong? Btw you're still replying to this and you said you were done 2 posts ago. I know this forum is your life and people on here probably take what you say as gold but I do not. All I hear is a bunch of whining and why not instead of whining sell all your SA's and join Glocktalk!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts