Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got to handle a new XDM Elite 3.8 in 9mm . I liked everything except when pulling the trigger. When the trigger breaks and it's all the way rearward , I slowly let it go forward and there's very noticable click like a reset , then more movement forward then the REAL RESET. I can see this being a problem. Very similar to how some S&W m&p first generations had. Not very good. Has anyone else noticed this ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My new XDM Elite 5.25 does this as does the two I handled in the gun shop. This has been discussed, and what is surprising is that this is actually not an issue. Why is it not an issue? Because it only happens when riding the slide into battery or just doing a short draw on the slide to make it reset. It is something that does not happen if you simply release the slide using the slide stop lever, a full slingshot or during normal firing.

It is much like a gun not feeding right when manually feeding rounds by just cycling the slide, but the gun works perfectly well when used as intended.

Reactions: Tercel89
1 - 2 of 2 Posts