Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my skills have improved I鈥檝e been looking for an accurate target pistol in 9mm. After extensive tryouts I decided on the XDM Elite, knowing I would shorten the reset and reduce the trigger pull. Trigger pull was changed with the PRP replacement. 馃憤
After speaking with my gunsmith I found out according to Springfield there isn鈥檛 a way to shorten the travel for the trigger reset. 馃ぎ I have a hard time believing there isn鈥檛 a reasonable work around to this issue.
I also shoot a Walther PPQ with a nice short reset. I know pistols are designed differently. If I鈥檓 unable to shorten the reset, looks like I made the wrong choice and should have chosen the Walther Q5.

is there really no way to shorten the travel to reset ? ? ?

Registered
Thank you. I run PRP triggers in both my XDM 45s. Fantastic product, imho. Their website, for ur trigger, states it does reduce take up鈥hen installed correctly.

I know getting into the 鈥榞uts鈥 of a firearm is not for everyone. Not knocking u, at all. Truth be told, there鈥檚 not much to it鈥.for stuff like replacing the trigger.

Maybe the local guy didn鈥檛 read the instructions. Believe u can send ur rig to PRP鈥hey鈥檒l take care of u.

Hope that helps.

Registered
Every PRP trigger kit I鈥檝e installed has shortened reset just about half of what it was stock. I believe there is a way to shorten it more but would be too extensive to try and explain. Give PRP a call and talk to them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I run PRP triggers in both my XDM 45s. Fantastic product, imho. Their website, for ur trigger, states it does reduce take up鈥hen installed correctly.

I know getting into the 鈥榞uts鈥 of a firearm is not for everyone. Not knocking u, at all. Truth be told, there鈥檚 not much to it鈥.for stuff like replacing the trigger.

Maybe the local guy didn鈥檛 read the instructions. Believe u can send ur rig to PRP鈥hey鈥檒l take care of u.

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Every PRP trigger kit I鈥檝e installed has shortened reset just about half of what it was stock. I believe there is a way to shorten it more but would be too extensive to try and explain. Give PRP a call and talk to them.
Will call tomorrow thanks. jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spoke with the head gunsmith at PRP. He said if the gun will function it鈥檚 installed correctly. He also said that the reset travel distance is what it is and can鈥檛 be modified. He offered to look at my XDM (we鈥檙e only an hour and a half) away. So I鈥檒l take him up on that in the future. Not really what I wanted to hear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts