Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
The compact with magwell just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Or should I say for me. It makes it less concealable, and less versatile not being able to add the extended mag and get a good grip. Or does the magwell on this elite allow for a full grip?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Neat. I was wondering when the 45's would start rolling out.

The compact with magwell just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Or should I say for me. It makes it less concealable, and less versatile not being able to add the extended mag and get a good grip. Or does the magwell on this elite allow for a full grip?
I agree. I removed mine because I found it slightly uncomfortable when it was on (squeezing my fingers together) and my hand fits the grip just about perfectly with the magwell off. Whether or not it gives someone else a full grip, I can't say.

I think the magwells probably are a good idea on the full-size, but not on the compact. Based on XDTalk range reports and photos it appears that we're not alone in this thinking.

Reactions: Boycan

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neat. I was wondering when the 45's would start rolling out.

I agree. I removed mine because I found it slightly uncomfortable when it was on (squeezing my fingers together) and my hand fits the grip just about perfectly with the magwell off. Whether or not it gives someone else a full grip, I can't say.

I think the magwells probably are a good idea on the full-size, but not on the compact. Based on XDTalk range reports and photos it appears that we're not alone in this thinking.
How big is your hand? Across the palm from outside pinky knuckle to outside index knuckle mine is 3 9/16”- 3 5/8” just curious. I like the idea of the fatter grip, didn’t care for the “S” models.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I measured around 3 7/32" to 3 9/32" call it 3.25" so ~.25" to .375" less than your hand. The grip circumference of the Hellcat fills my hands pretty well and I get a full grip with the pinky extension (with some room to spare) and I like XDM backstrap #2 if that helps give you an idea of how big my hands are.

I've often held the XDs in the LGS, but I didn't care for the grip either-- seemed too thin for me as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if this will be my next firearm purchase just depends on how long it takes me to find one and whether or not they come out with a non compact model before then

·
Registered
35 Posts
Aside from the trigger and mag well, what is different from this model compared to the one around 7 years ago?

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's good to see 10mm and .45 but they should be in the bigger guns. I don't see the logic in the bigger caliber in the smaller pistols. Crazy. Get the service XDM Elite out in .45!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Aside from the trigger and mag well, what is different from this model compared to the one around 7 years ago?
If you mean the XDm 3.8" Compact, the slide is cut for an optic and one more round of capacity in the short mag, in addition to what you listed..

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I traded it in for a 2022 ram laramie 3500 CCLB and I love it.
You actually found a New rig?? Was at the Buick, GMC dealer last week and they had 4 new rigs and the rest were used. 2018’s are selling for more than 2021’s. :oops:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Thank you guys, there was a 2022 ram 3500 Laramie CCLB that was coming into the dealer and before it hit the ground I was on it. It had 5 miles on it and it have most of the bells that I wanted, it came with a 50 gals fuel tank. So yeah, we have a cross country trip coming up.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I traded in my 2018 ram SLT 3500 with only 43,000 miles on it and I was able to get almost as much I paid for it. It was giving me a lot of problem so the wife and I (mainly the wife) talking about trading it in for something newer.

Our plan was to take out 5th wheel that you see in the pics cross country to see my 93 years old mother in N.C this coming April or May and we didn't want to be broke down on the side of the road.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts