Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FIRST POST ON FORUM: I finally purchased my first pistol and I couldn't be happier. After about a week, I went to the range and put some rounds through it. This was my first time at an indoor range, shooting a pistol, and the first rounds (other than factory rounds) through it.

All shots were from 5 yards. I need more practice....

Attachments

Registered
Got ammo?
Hi!

FIRST POST ON FORUM: I finally purchased my first pistol and I couldn't be happier. After about a week, I went to the range and put some rounds through it. This was my first time at an indoor range, shooting a pistol, and the first rounds (other than factory rounds) through it.

All shots were from 5 yards. I need more practice....
I'm an old noob here so I will offer you a shy wave, 馃檵鈥嶁檪锔忊湅 and a big thumbs up! 馃榿馃憤 I will also say "Welcome!" and let you know that there are some good people here with lots of experience willing to share it with others.

That's fine shooting, especially for your first time out with a new pistol. I've been to the range a few times now with my XD9 and just love to practice. I need more practice too. ;) I haven't been to an indoor range yet. The one closest to me is always too crowded. Where is your range?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: jnunniv

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

I'm an old noob here so I will offer you a shy wave, and a big thumbs up! I will also say "Welcome!" and let you know that there are some good people here with lots of experience willing to share it with others.

That's fine shooting, especially for your first time out with a new pistol. I've been to the range a few times now with my XD9 and just love to practice. I need more practice too. ;) I haven't been to an indoor range yet. The one closest to me is always too crowded. Where is your range?

BassCliff
Thank you! I surprised myself quite a bit. I'm watching lots of YouTube videos and trying to find affordable ammo. I'll be posting more in the future asking for advice and I'm willing to admit there is lots I don't know

The indoor range is located at the store where I bought my pistol (North Alabama). It's nice and pretty new, but not the most economical place to go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Got ammo?
Hi,

Thank you! I surprised myself quite a bit. I'm watching lots of YouTube videos and trying to find affordable ammo. I'll be posting more in the future asking for advice and I'm willing to admit there is lots I don't know

The indoor range is located at the store where I bought my pistol (North Alabama). It's nice and pretty new, but not the most economical place to go.
One of the big box stores near me, Bass Pro Shop (Cabella's in other parts), has an indoor range but it's closed due to the madness. The store is open but the range is closed. There's a pretty good outdoor range close to me that's pretty cheap, $20 to shoot all day. I've been to a few in my area but that one is my favorite. You'll see the Lytle Creek Firing Line in a couple of my range reports.

I know what you mean about ammo. In The Ammo Can section of the forum I've started a vanity thread chronicling my ammo hunting and gathering. For us noobs the struggle is real.

I'm looking forward to your next range report. ;)

BassCliff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts