Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on my list for down the road apiece.

Why be on a waiting list? They're plentiful online.
Gunbroker is now a no go .. due to tax
Buds Guns no go due to tax charged to TN
I have two online dealers .. neither in stock

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went to the farm store and one followed the wife home. Now I can have my full size back😁. First impressions the slide is very easy to move which makes me wonder if the spring is stout enough it?s a completely different set up than the full size 4.5”XDM 10mm. The recoil spring it more like the XDs than XDM. Nice trigger much better than the stock XDM. Recoil is a little more snappy the the 4.5•

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got one a month or so ago.
Also got some of the 15 round magazines that blend into the grip.
It's such an improvement over the Glock 29 Gen 3 I had for several years, that I sold the Glock 29.
Let me add that it appears to have full chamber support too.
These are pictures of my own new Elite 3.8 and my old Glock 29 chambers.
Automotive lighting Light Fluid Amber Yellow

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got one a month or so ago.
Also got some of the 15 round magazines that blend into the grip.
It's such an improvement over the Glock 29 Gen 3 I had for several years, that I sold the Glock 29.
Let me add that it appears to have full chamber support too.
These are pictures of my own new Elite 3.8 and my old Glock 29 chambers.
View attachment 852387
Springfield has knocked it out of the ballpark …
Im also thinking about the XDM Elite compact in 9mm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recoil is like a .40 +P with S&B JHP ammo. Comfortable to shoot with the compact mag as I can get my pinky on the extension with my big hands.

The 15 round mags that fit the specific size backstrap are a really nice touch. I like the rear U sight that I an assuming is modeled after the glock block sight. I wish SA would get rid of the red fiberoptic front sights and go with a white dot type.

I am pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got mine 6 weeks ago and like everything about it...almost. I can only compare it to my G20 which I also like. The XDM Elite has equal felt recoil to me and has a better grip. The trigger is much better as well as the grip texture and ergos. It's chamber is tighter than the G20. I handload and with my hot loads the case head expansion is .428" with the XDM and .432" with the G20 which is almost ruined/failure territory. I like the sights vs the G29.

What bugs me is how far it slings the brass! As I said I handload and hate losing brass. I think the gun needs a heavier recoil spring. After lots of rounds and dry fire the trigger quit (locked up) and had to send it back. They paid shipping both ways and stated they replaced the trigger. That does not give me confidence and will take a lot more rounds down range before I'll trust it completely. At a guess I'd say there were 300 trigger presses before it quit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts