Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be more specific here:

Nylon (Possibly Leather)
Double or Single
I would like snap covers
XMD 19 round mags with X-Tensions.

If you have used any that work well please let me know. I would really appreciate any feedback. I've google searched and found a few but without actually being able to touch and feel it, it's hard to tell how well they are built or hold the mags.

Thank you,

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
:) NP.

Snaps and "nylon" is a hard one...I'm actually having a hard time thinking one up. There's a lot of high-speed gear that use buckles, though, but those tend to be a bit bulkier and are more intended to ride on duty/military body-gear than on a concealed-carry civilian's belt. Without the buckle, Velcro is much more popular, but as a concealed-carry item, they'll have a finite (albeit extremely long [assuming that the item is well-made and carries a lot of surface area], unless all you wear are sweaters that shed :lol:) life-span from lint - and are noisy, which may or may not be a consideration, given the typically desperate scenarios under which you'll need to, as a civilian CCW/CHL, reload!

You can usually touch-and-feel (and even demo), first-hand, a lot of good Safariland duty-gear at any of the larger gun-shops - or even better, police supply shops - in your area. I'd give that a serious look-see, especially as you're considering concealing (even with a shirt thrown over ;)) two large double-stack magazines. I'd want to be sure that you know how big/bulky that's going to be, insuring that your cover/concealment garment will do the necessary trick, as well as how sturdy of a belt you're going to need, for the weight of your gear, too. My class-work setup with my full-sized XDm9 uses two 2-bay Safariland Model 75 double-mag pouches (without flaps). Yes, I can conceal, with a shirt over it, but it's a large package, and four fully loaded mags takes a good belt to compensate for.

Most leather concealment product custom makers don't put extra retention devices atop the magazine holders, instead relying on a very tight friction fit. So if you're going that route, you may need to go bespoke, with a true custom-order. The thing is, unless your work/play habits really have you doing rather harsh physical movements, retention of the magazines should not be a concern, with well-made gear, at least until some years down the line, when the leather simply needs to be replaced.

A compromise would be open-top Kydex gear: the good stuff offers positive retention that can be heard as a "click" as the magazine locks in or disengages from the holder.

·
Registered
96 Posts
+1 to TSiWRX's comments.

Bianchi makes this

Model 8002  Double Magazine Pouch Bianchi Leather Holsters

but it doesn't list the XDm as a fit, might be worth a call, and it's something you might be able to put your hands on. It's a "duty" rig, but aside form the belt loop size, can't imagine that any pouch meeting your specifications would be any smaller, seems would be pretty bulky to CC. Especially something designed to snap over the top of those 19 rd X-Tensions.

For a diiferent approach, these are great

KYTEX Shooting Gear

Not nylon, but work great to CC, fit tight to body, hold snug.

Good luck in your search, you find something that works, let us know!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up one of these....

Model 7303  AccuMold® Single Mag/Knife Pouch Bianchi Leather Holsters

What the description doesn't tell you is that it has two snaps. It is very snug with the 19 round mag. The only draw back I can find right now is that the snaps rattle if you shake it. I haven't worn it yet and really only plan to use this set up for camping, that's why I wanted the snap shut, so I don't think the rattle will bother me.

For concealment, I think I found another case that will work and I may just get another 13 round with a pearce.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be more specific here:

Nylon (Possibly Leather)
Double or Single
I would like snap covers
XMD 19 round mags with X-Tensions.

If you have used any that work well please let me know. I would really appreciate any feedback. I've google searched and found a few but without actually being able to touch and feel it, it's hard to tell how well they are built or hold the mags.

Thank you,
How is that not what I asked for?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Think I'm going to give this one a try. Sure it's nylon and some guys don't like it, but I figure when I remove the mag, the nylon will be more comfortable empty than something harder like leather or kydex. And for a 11 bucks, if it works fine, it will be a steal.

Nylon IWB style Magazine Pouch, Single

1 - 11 of 11 Posts