Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have an opinion as to what's better the XDM compact or the traditional XD Sub compact. Your input is greatly appreciated. (Thinking about picking up an XDM but already have and XD.)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm going to be kind of biased because I only have an XDM compact 40 but it is amazing. It shoots amazing and feels amazing too. Plus if you buy one right now you get 5 magazines for free. I've seen a few videos on the two and there isn't much size difference. I would just either trade or sell the sub-compact and get an XDM.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm going to be kind of biased because I only have an XDM compact 40 but it is amazing. It shoots amazing and feels amazing too. Plus if you buy one right now you get 5 magazines for free. I've seen a few videos on the two and there isn't much size difference. I would just either trade or sell the sub-compact and get an XDM.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Well six votes for the xdmc.

I've got the sc40. I love it. The hoopla for the m doesn't justify the extra money for me.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Well six votes for the xdmc.

I've got the sc40. I love it. The hoopla for the m doesn't justify the extra money for me.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
^^^ Database errors, have been happening a lot this morning.
They seem to have started over the weekend ... It's nothing you did.

To the OP,
They shoot about the same, so it comes down to looks, feel, and potentially how you might feel about having to pull the trigger to field strip the XD, which is something you don't need to do with the XDm ... However, the not pulling the trigger to field strip, does bring with it a few additional parts that complicate the design ... I'd suggest you go hold them, see which feels better, and if possible shoot them.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have both and cannot decide which I like best. I have been carrying each one about a month at a time, switching back and forth. I wouldn't part with either one.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Personally I think the regular XD works just fine and is cheaper, I have one and had no problems at all.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Go to a range that rents both, if possible - or beg of your friends to borrow theirs. :smile:

There's very subtle differences between the two, in terms of feel. Not so much that it'll be a deal-breaker, if you were to get one or the other and then decide that it wasn't quite the right match for your, when you get your hands on its counterpart, at a later date - but some people will have a noticeable preference for one.

I shoot same-caliber XDm Compacts and XD-SCs pretty much the same, but I have a preference for the XDm's grip texture.

If you're going to be upgrading/modifying the gun post-purchase, though, this may not matter that much: and as a matter of fact, you should then also take into account the cost differences of the two, especially once your planned upgrades/modifications go into the mix.

·
Registered
895 Posts
that first reply x6 was funny, both are amazing pistols, the xdm is the upgraded model however some might find the upgrades are just bells and whistles that aren't needed. i love my xdm compact 9mm but would probably love an xd sub 9mm too. pick the one your hand and eye like the most.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Glad you posted the question, OP!!!

I am starting to work on the same decision..... my Glock 23 needs to go away, and am thinking either the XDMc or the XD40sc........ since I love my full size XDm so much, am tempted to go that way.

Originally had been looking at the XDMc or XDsc to be a smaller edc gun instead of my Glock 23...... but now that's been solved (with a Kahr CW40)...... so either of them will be a great replacement for the Glock I think. (Unless, of course, I trade the Glock for an AK or AR.... hmmmmm)

More thoughts from y'all??

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Must be a POS AR or AK :mrgreen:

:D ----- you're funny ----- let me re-phrase.... Make a partial trade towards an AR or AK. :cool:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.