Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
A lot of us hope so, but no indication of it yet. There are multiple threads on the subject you can find using search.;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just went ahead and bought mine in .40 because of the current promo. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
No need to apologize, not everybody has time to wade thru a million pages of stuff. Personally, I always just ask away. That is what a forum is for.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was really wanting the gun in .45 too. But after talking to all my gun nut friends they told me that a .40 in compact would be good enough for a carry weapon. Also I bought some self defense ammo so they will put a hurting on someone if they come in my house.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just watch what I do. Ill by another XDplatform, then the new one will come out inside two weeks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so i have another question probably answered already by someone else but a 3.8 .40 and a 3.8 .40 compact, the compact says 11+1 and the other says 16, would I be able to use the the long clip with the compact and still have 16 or no?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ok so i have another question probably answered already by someone else but a 3.8 .40 and a 3.8 .40 compact, the compact says 11+1 and the other says 16, would I be able to use the the long clip with the compact and still have 16 or no?

The standard XDM magazines fit in the compact. It comes with a longer magazine and the sleeves to make the grip longer.

Clips are not used in this gun.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Does anyone know if it is going to be offered in a .45 cal?
HA! I wish!

I think I'll get the 3.8" in 40 S&W for now and wait for the

XDM .45 ACP 3.8" COMPACT

whenever they think they have the market.

Well... we are the market and we've been asking for the it already for a long while, then we got the XDm in 5.25", so we continue to wait.

What is it they are waiting for?! Maybe for the glock g2's, the CZ's or FNH's!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another question.

Steel casing vs Brass casing? In your opinion what is better to fire if it matters at all?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some people talk down steel casing ammo but in my XDM I have shot over 500 rds of Tulammo without a single problem. Is it more dirty?, I haven't noticed but I clean my XDM every time after range time.

It is your call!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think SA would come out with the XDm45 3.8 first before a XDm45 3.8 compact, no? Jumping the... gun? To my knowledge the only .45 flavors for XDm are the 4.5 and now the 5.25.

·
Registered
120 Posts
LOL there goes my theory! I guess they figured this would prompt more immediate sales- but I would still be surprised if they didnt come out with the 3.8 full grip soon after.

Glad to hear they are expanding the models yet again- seems to be pretty often. Anyone else catch that the dimensions are longer in the slide, but shorter height as compared to the other XDm compacts?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I got tired of waiting and bought the full size xdm 45. Its a great gun but would be hard to conceal.
I was about to do the same. I think I'll take a longer look at this new model they just released.

I used to live up the road in Carbondale, IL. (SIU) Been to the Cape a number of times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts