Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finally had a chance to take my new XDm Compact 9mm to the range. Loaded up the short mag with 13 rds and the long mag with 19 rds. I found it was almost impossible to put either full mag in the gun with the slide forward. It was especially difficult with the 19 rd mag. I pushed it hard enough to seat but it took additional hard push to make the mag stay in. This gun is advertised as having a capacity of 13+1 and 19+1 but I don't see how that will work. In addition, once I got the 19 rd mag in, I could not release the mag to remove it without racking the slide a couple of times to strip a few rounds out of it. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Sounds like good advice. I'm an old wheelgunner so these new-fangled automatic thingys sorta confuse me. LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea my XDm .40 compact that i just got is the same way with the mags being tight in there. I remember with my XDm .40 3.8 it loosening up over a little time

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
+1 Uplula rocks!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The one that came with xdm is so-so. The part that pushes the round down is in a spot that causes the round to tilt up and requires you to push the nose of the bullet down with either your other hand or the next bullet.

The uplula pushes the round on the center of the round and gives an even pressure. The part that pushes the round also acts as channel for the next round to go in.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Funny UpLula story:

I was at the range a while ago and my brother introduced me to his friend, who's mainly a revolver shooter. While we were talking, I picked up a magazine, my UpLula, and some rounds to start loading up.

My brother's friend starts saying "Yeah, I haven't bothered with speedloaders..." and trails off because in the time he's said that I've loaded four rounds.

"Except that one works really well!"

Of course, like I said, he's mainly a revolver shooter, so it's not like he's going to buy one, but he was suitably impressed nonetheless. So, yeah, do yourself a favor and spend the $30. You'll spend a lot less time loading and more time shooting.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Your problem with the magazines at full capacity is typical for every model of the XDm. Good news is that the spring does relax a bit with use, however when dropping a fully loaded magazine you'll always want to push on it to relieve the force exerted on the locking notch.

Another very common feature is that the magazine will rattle when fully loaded. Sometimes if you "pop" the base into the palm of your hand you can get it to stop rattling, however it has to be just perfection in both direction and force. That won't go away, so either get used to it or run your magazine one round short of a full load.

Finally, those new to the trigger on the XDm tend to shoot low and left. This isn't a sight issue, it's an issue with not being familiar with the trigger. Best thing to do is put in the range time and learn how to shoot with the new trigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts