Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had time to sight in my crimson trace laser and try it out at the range...

I have to say I love the laser... it works as advertised and in a real life situation can hopefully give me an edge I may not otherwise have....

I carry it in a crossbreed holster designed for the laser..

this was shot from 15 feet... controlled slow fire

this was shot at 15 feet, 3x13 round mags and 1x19 round mag rapid fire (less than second per round)

All shots landed on paper.. most went through the ragged hole in the middle

·
Registered
8 Posts
awesooooooome! how much was the laser? where'd u buy it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is your XDM a 9 or .40?

I've got pretty much this same set up on it's way.. XDM .40 compact should be here in the next day or two and I'll be ordering my LG-448 from Amazon... they have just the laser for 169.99, but what I will probably go with is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Trace-Springfield-Laserguard-Holster/dp/B005FWAO40/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1316536304&sr=1-2

$179.99 for the laser and a holster seems like a good deal, especially since most of my reading has indicated its tough to find a holster that the LG-448 will fit in.

·
Banned
263 Posts
CTC grips will fit most holsters as opposed to the guard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I had thought that would be a good solution to the holster problem, but I haven't seen any CTC grips for XDM.. only for XD. Seems like the guard is going to be the only real option for XDM.

·
Banned
263 Posts
With the middle backstrap, the LG 446 I believe is the number will fit the xdm. Goto your lgs and try the fit out. Most all will let you try sliding them on. I really love my CTC grips.

HTC EVO FROM TAPATALK

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put the LG-448 trigger guard laser on tonight, and I love it. I'm glad to hear that Crossbreed makes a holster that fits, as that will be my next purchase.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The LG 446 was not designed nor recommended for the XDm line of handguns. Being the rebel that I am, I put that lasergrip on my 3.8 compact anyway and it works just fine. I presently have over a thousand rounds through my XDm with that set up and no issues. I use a TLR-1 light on that gun and in the near future it will be fitted with an AAC-Tirant suppressor.

Go Broncos

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got the LG-448 for my XD 45 Service knowing that I would be replacing the XD Service with a XD(m) 3.8 Compact 45 and carried it in a Sticky Holster for a while now. Darn thing works great and I have found a cheap nylon holster for non concealed carry. I will be getting a IWB Kydex holster for the Laser Guard. I wish I had known the CT Grip strap would work on the XD(m) cause that would really open the door to many other holster options

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got the LG-448 for my XD 45 Service knowing that I would be replacing the XD Service with a XD(m) 3.8 Compact 45 and carried it in a Sticky Holster for a while now. Darn thing works great and I have found a cheap nylon holster for non concealed carry. I will be getting a IWB Kydex holster for the Laser Guard. I wish I had known the CT Grip strap would work on the XD(m) cause that would really open the door to many other holster options
Like I said, the LG 446 works on the 3.8 9mm. I'm not sure about the LG 445 working on both the XD 45 and XDm 3.8 45.

I think you did just fine with what you have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts