Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There Everyone!

New the forums. We just bought my wife the XDM Compact 9mm. Very nice gun, and it fits my wife's hand perfectly.

We live in OR, so having Hi Cap mags is not an issue. But my wife's mom lives in rural CA, and we like to shoot our guns on her large property. I know many people would like to find 10rnd mags that fit the XDM compact 9mm in CA.

So, what we did was buy a 10rnd 9mm XD subcompact mag. I know from what I understand is that the XD/XDM 45 were the only guns you could interchange with. But, what I found out was that the XD Subcompact mag actually clicks into the XDM compact very nicely. There is a bit more lateral "play" than the XDM mag, but this can easily be fixed. The XD subcompact mag also is just slightly different at the top where it feeds the bullet into the chamber. But, it does actually feed the bullet into the chamber just fine.

My question, will this actually work? We haven't actually had time to fully test this, and we were wondering if it will also expel the cartridge after firing appropriately. The slide racks just as fluidly as with the XD Subcompact as with the XDM compact mag.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but can anyway actually test and confirm this? I've emailed SA, but no reply yet, and cannot find anything on the internet using the XD SC mag in the XDM compact yet.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Me personally. I wouldn't try it. I expect you'll get malfunctions. The regular XD SC mag is just not designed the same as the XDM compact mag. You may try some site sponsors who may carry 10 round mags for the xdm. I have not looked in a while.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have fired 1200 rounds of 9mm through my XDm 3.8 9mm Compact using 3 different 10round 9mm XD Subcompact magazines. As you mentioned they are a little wobbly, but they work just fine with no problems what so ever.

I use them for range practice, but do not use them in self defense mode.

Don't worry, be happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got the chance to shoot my wife's XDM 3.8 compact 9mm. We shot hundreds of rounds using the 10rnd XD SubCompact Mag, while were were visiting CA. The gun shot w/o fail! This will be a great mag to carry when we visit CA to shoot on her Mom's property. Thanks for the confidence Little Jack!

Jas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts