Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all
Looking to buy my first XDM compact and I can get the back version for $499. The Stainless is $590. I am not sure if the extra $90 is worth it. I would rather have the black but is the finish durable or am I better off with the Stainless. I am a little OCD so I am going to be bothered if the finish on the black doesn't hold up well. I do understand that it will wear off the more it is in and out of a holster but I was wondering if the black is a good durable finish. Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have one of each but that's only because the stainless was bought used. Save the cash the stainless isn't gonna shoot any better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've got a stainless (see thread on rust) but I bought it because I liked the look of od/stainless and it wasn't $90 more when I bought it. Stainless isn't better or worse just different. If I were in the market today I'd buy what I liked. That's all. At todays prices $90 will buy you almost two boxes of practice rounds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ditto to 15shot. My XDM is duty size bi tone purchased used. XD sub compact purchased new is black. For the price skip the bi tone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have yet to holster either xdm but with a few hundred rounds down each so far the finish has held up great and is as new and both are black.

Personally I'd save the cash, if it comes down to it for not much more you can have James refinish the slide to just about any color your heart desires. That's my plan for both of my compacts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input from all. I bought the Black version. The more I thought about it the Black made sense for the price difference. I will take the difference in money and add some night sights....and more ammo !

·
Registered
485 Posts
I couldn't decide either so I bought both. Found that I prefer the black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts