• XDm 9mm Sub Compact

• XDm .40 Sub Compact

• other.... Leave suggestion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased my first handgun about a month and a half ago which is a XD 9 4" service model. I want to get another but i really want to get an XDm before Oslama gets in.. I am not sure what caliber to get it in... I really like my 9mm but i would also like a bigger caliber for carrying in a couple years when i can get my CCW.. I dont know if i should get another 9 or get a .40... I think that if i got a 9mm i wouldnt want to shoot my reg XD anymore.... but I would really like to get the XDm9 what do you all think???

as i do a little more research, looks like you cant get them in sub compact...?? i just assumed you could. So i guess just a service model which is fine with me

·
Banned
126 Posts
I purchased my first handgun about a month and a half ago which is a XD 9 4" service model. I want to get another but i really want to get an XDm before Oslama gets in.. I am not sure what caliber to get it in... I really like my 9mm but i would also like a bigger caliber for carrying in a couple years when i can get my CCW.. I dont know if i should get another 9 or get a .40... I think that if i got a 9mm i wouldnt want to shoot my reg XD anymore.... but I would really like to get the XDm9 what do you all think???

as i do a little more research, looks like you cant get them in sub compact...?? i just assumed you could. So i guess just a service model which is fine with me
this falls under the basic 9mm vs .40
in the end, it's your call

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an XDm .40 & an XD 9mm Subcompact. I would prefer to carry the .40 XDm. It's fits better in my hand, is easier to draw because of the grip size, but because of the grip size it prints in everything I wear. If you're buying for carry, I'd go with the Xd 9mm sub. It's just as accurate as the full size XDM .40, and if you know how to shoot, I don't think the recipient of the shot is going to know if you hit him with a 9mm or a .40. I'd rather have a smaller caliber gun on me than a larger caliber gun sitting at home alone.

·
Registered
511 Posts
actually i kinda like the plain Xd-9 best

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just to throw this out there at the gun show today the Springfield rep told me that they are expecting to have theXDM in a.45 by 2010.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I started with the XDM 9mm and soon after got the XDM 40 S&W, only to be pleasantly surprised by how much I really like the 40. I vote you diversify and get a 40. Of course they are different, but each one has it's advantages. You get great power with the 40, but the 9mm is more economical to shoot. If you like to target practice a lot, it makes a big difference. I use WWB in both of mine; at Wal-Mart, the 100 round box is $20 for the 9mm, $29 for the 40 S&W. I suggest you buy whatever you want before Obama takes office, because if he can't get them outlawed, he may be able to get a "reduced magazine" passed, like California, where (I believe) you can only have 10 rounds in any magazine. And speaking of magazines, if you purchase a XDM by 1/15/09, Springfield will send you two free mags with a holder (or it says, "while supplies last"). Either way, you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Ah, what caliber, what caliber....a question that troubles man's soul deeper that the meaning of life. Oh look! The Holy Grail!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I have a XDm-40 and a XD-40. Both carry okay with the proper clothing and both are accurate.
The XDm, to me, seems to have the better trigger. The changeable back strap is a plus in my mind, the not needing to fire the pistol to disassemble and match grade barrel make the XDm the winner in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts