Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, long time lurker here. I'm trying to customize the inside of my xdm case for multiple pistols w/accessories but having a hard time finding a quality chunk of foam like what comes with the case to cut them in. All I can find is the pull out piece stuff. Anyone know where I can find a plain piece similar to the quality piece that comes with the case. I know there are places that will laser cut your design but I would like just a plain solid slab. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Measure the dimensions of your case and compare them to what Pelican Cases have to offer and order accordingly from this company. Should find something that will work.

Pelican Replacement Foam

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Careful storing your pistol in the foam lined case. There are many threads of rust forming by keeping them stored this way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Careful storing your pistol in the foam lined case. There are many threads of rust forming by keeping them stored this way.

Really?? Great to know, Thanks!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Depending where you live, you could try a custom "Road Case" shop.......Since I tour for a living, I used many companies over the years, but have mainly used a company called "Calzone Case Company" out of Connecticut.

Calzone Cases

·
Registered
7 Posts
An option you can try out( I am actually going to try it tomorrow), Is take out the half of foam that holds your gun in place, and slice its thickness in half. It will look just like the picture above, only it wont sit up as high.

You could also go as far as doing the same with the other half of foam in the case, and using it to sit on the bottom of the case, so that when you have 2 pistols sitting next to eachother, it is the same height as it comes in box

1 - 7 of 7 Posts