Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife picked up my XDm 40 last Friday while I was at the Cape at the 3 mile bleachers watching Endeavor taking off on a night flight. Yesterday when I got home from Florida I inspected my new XDm 40 and all of the extras. I noticed that in the bottom left corner of the carrying case foam a unused cutout It is a long section that is shaped different from the other cutouts. What is it for? :confused: Also, what are the two small round cutouts just below the other unused long one? Overall the gun and the extras were all in great shape as expected. My wife had opened the little paper envelope with the spent cartridge casing. :( Yup, you can dress her up but you just can't take her anywhere.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
It's for a light and the 2 holes are for the battery's. I put my TLR-2 in that cut out.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I think I'll put one of the extra two magazines I hope to get from SA with their Gear Up Program there and the other one in the gun. The extra magazine belt holder will end up in the closet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Glad to see that someone besides me was wondering what that cutout was for.

BTW: Has there been any news on an XDm LE package like they had with the original XDs where it came with three mags instead of two?

-Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts