Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would really like to know if you folks plan to use your XDM as a primary piece for concealed carry.

1. .40cal or 9mm?
2. where carry? (belt, shoulder, ankle, etc.
3. What holster do you use?
4. State you carry in?
5. Any problems you may be experiencing or special considerations you can share concerning the XDM and CCW.
6. If XDM is not your weapon of choice for CCW please explain why.

Thanks much

·
Registered
908 Posts
Oh boy.
You're opening a can of worms here.
There are those who say the M is too big for CCH. That's BS.

I carry a .45 service model full-time.

I'll be buying the new M in 9mm next week. I'll carry it some too. Not the least bit worried about size or concealability.
Sure, a SC is a bit easier to carry, and a mouse gun easier yet.

Nonetheless, with the right holster and clothing, the M is perfectly comfortable and concealable.

I prefer one method of carry, which is also the preferred method of most top trainers. Strong side IWB carry (3:30 to 4:00) allows the best combination of comfort, concealability and fast draw.

The Crossbreed Supertuck or IWB from ROG are my fav holsters.
I prefer a tucked in t-shirt or wifebeater with a button style overshirt or vest for concealment and quick access.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I carry the 40 service FT, but I did look at the M last weekend and wasn't heavily impressed or by the price tag of 599.. I carry at the 6 position most of time and still use the issued holster...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Would really like to know if you folks plan to use your XDM as a primary piece for concealed carry.

1. .40cal or 9mm?
4. State you carry in?
5. Any problems you may be experiencing or special considerations you can share concerning the XDM and CCW.

Thanks much
MMM....

Lets see:
1.- .40
2.-IWB 4:30-3:30
3.-Crossbreed
4.-:shock:
5.-None, conceals fine under a T-shirt. I'm not a big guy by any means ;)
6.-N/A

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a XDm-40, and a XD SUB-COMPACT-40. For both guns I use a Don Hume IWB holster that is made for the Sub-Compact but the XDm fits as well. The Barrel just hangs past the opening in the holster. For colder weather when I want to holster the XDm I use my GALCO FLETCH high ride belt holster.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. XD(m) 9mm all black (may add a .45 if they make one)
2. Strong side IWB @ 3:30
3. Depends, I have multiple holsters for different pistols, mostly IWB but I am making a crossdraw for long road trips.
4. Texas (it will show up in my profile anyway :rolleyes: )
5. Since it is a service size pistol, I recommend a good IWB holster or a Bruce Nelson #1/Askins Avenger style OWB holster worn at about 4 O clock so it will pull the grip into your body. Which ever way you go, get or make a good stiff 1 & 1/2 inch sturdy gun belt.
6. No explanation necessary since I will be making or buying a holster for it real soon.

I regularly carry a Commander Classic Bobtail in a Milt Sparks VM-2 so the XDM-9 will be no problem. I carry a Walther PPS in a summer special (home made) as well as a D.M. Bullard dual carry (usually carry the PPS when the weather is too warm for a vest or unbuttoned shirt over a T-Shirt). And I usually carry a Kel-Tec P3AT in the Crimson Trace/Galco pocket scabbard that came with the LG-430 laser sight in my left front pocket as a backup or when I FLAT CAN NOT CARRY ANYTHING ELSE! As soon as I can get a IWB holster made, I will be carrying the XDM 9 and trading off with my Commander. I will start out with a home made Summer Special Style holster and will eventually be carrying in a VM-2 when Milt Sparks finally gets around to making one specifically for the XDM.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
If people CC there 1911's I dont see why you couldnt CC a XDm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I carry an XDM .40 and have an XDM 9mm at my smith for some trigger and other work. I'll compete with the nine but since it's the same weight, size as the 40 I think that will be productive. I carry at about the 3:30 position OWB in a S&W holster (Desantis). These are very good guns. I fish salt water two or three times a week and my gun gets wet. I wipe it down and so far there are no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. 9mm (19 rounds...I mean come on lol)
2. Strong side iwb 3:15-3:30 (right side)
3. Comp-tac CTAC (Once you find that sweet spot its a dream to carry)
4. Michigan (but I will be carrying in Ohio since I live so close)
5. No problems with my setup, except since I'm a slender guy it took me a few hours to find that sweet spot. I carry the xdm 9mm 4.5" and its pretty easy to conceal. I can carry with cargo shorts and a t-shirt if I have too.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i think by now, after almost two years have past, he probably has figured it out.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
.40 cal XDM
Belt
Crossbreed Super Tuck Duluxe (IWH)
South Carolina
Nope, Love it. Got some Hornady Critical Defense in her right now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For the past few days I've been carrying my XDm 40 3.8 in my supertuck that I carry my XD 40 sub. The sub is getting TFO's installed at the moment. Aside from adding a bit more cant to the ST, I don't find it that bad to carry.

·
Registered
20 Posts

1. .40cal or 9mm?
4. State you carry in?
My $0.02 worth...

1. 9mm XDm AND a Walther PK380 (depending on clothing/weather/activity)
2. I CC mostly with OWB high-rise holsters with thumb break.
3. When going OWB: galco & desantis, just ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for CC when IWB
4. Oregon
5. With a fully loaded magazine, the XDm 9mm is kinda heavy so without a doubt... GET A GUN BELT!
6. Like I said, sometimes I CC my Walther PK 380. Simple due to its compact size. Just depends on my situation and planned activity for the day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Carry XDm 40, XDm 9, or XDm subcompact 9. Subcompact is my fav to carry if I'm out and have to dress nicely - ladies don't have quite as many choices in the baggy shirt departmetn :)

Carry on my strong side - Galco belt, still using the holster that came with the handguns. Planning to upgrade, but the stock unit works for now.

Carry in the great state of AZ - still obtained CCW although it is no longer needed here.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes, my XDm .45 is my EDC on a belt from Gun Belts by The Belt Man at 3:00 IWB in a SuperTuck Deluxe. It conceals just fine. With a sport coat or suit jacket on Sundays I will use a shoulder holster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've disciplined myself to carry a full size handgun for many years.I have been wearing Milt Sparks IWB Holsters with 1911s and XDs the Executive
Companion"great holsters".I'll let the cat of the bag.I own full size XDM 9mm,XDM40,xdm45 they all fit in the same holster,a Versa Max 2 IWB.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1. .40cal or 9mm?
9mm

2. where carry? (belt, shoulder, ankle, etc.)
Belt...IWB

Comp-Tac MTac

4. State you carry in?
TX

Nothing

XDM

·
Registered
321 Posts

1. .40cal or 9mm?
4. State you carry in?
5. Any problems you may be experiencing or special considerations you can shar6e concerning the XDM and CCW.

Thanks much
I have the XDm 3.8 in:

1. .40 S&W
2. IWB
3. CrossBreed SuperTuck in Horse hide, WITH a CrossBreed Gun Belt
4. Texas
5. It's a bit heavier than my J frame but it's not bad.
6. I also use a S&W 642ct for "deep cover" carry with a CrossBreed SuperTuck or an Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts