Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question on the whole legality of the XDM's in California. Seems to me if the only issue is a 10 round clip. Why couldn't we do the exact same thing that the AR-15 people are doing. ie disassemble the mags and put in a rod/block restricter so that even though you have a 16 round clip, the rod/block prevents you from putting in more than 10 rounds. Seems to me that this would be a legal way for us to conform to California laws.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
as far as i'm concerned you can move up here to the free-ish state of oregon. we need to balance out the rest of the non-gun transplants...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i believe the issue is that each gun has to be submitted and approved by the DOJ

i remember reading about how a black XD was submitted an approved with 10 round mags but they didnt submit a stainless version so it isnt legal to buy in Cal. so basicly you have the same exact gun just two separate colors ones legal ones not.

i dont see SA running to jump through the hoops since the main benifit of the XDm is the higher capacity then the regular XD so they probably feel the the sales would not be that high and focus more of their time on places that can actually benefit from the higher capacity mags.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah, I'm not too concerned with the mag size, but more less the better barrel, grips, sights, etc....I've seen the XDM's on gun broker for $600 while my local dealer is charging $500 for an XD. I would gladly pay an extra $100 for the items listed above, none of which is the capacity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts