Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks i have used my cable lock on another gun and have since moved losing where i placed my key. Is there a way to order a replacement key or is my only recourse - a bolt cutter?

· Registered
5,931 Posts
Cut it, buy another gun to get a new (rather useless) lock ;)

· Registered
154 Posts
Cut it off....and then don't worry about it.;)

That's mostly a joke. I have a lot of guns out on racks. I use trigger locks, not to protect the gun or stop thieves, but to protect grandkids and other people who's education and conduct I am not fully in control of.

I have several "safes" that are really just gun cabinets, and guns without a trigger lock or a cable go in them.

It's just me and the wife at home now, so I DO have a few guns that are not "secured". They are hidden, or out of reach, and some get moved when the little ones come home.

I would bet money that if you went to a dealer and asked, they'd give you a new lock for free.

In my AO, many of us walk out the door with the required lock they must include with a newly purchased gun, new or used, then turn around and walk back in to give "this lock I just found out on your entrance" back to the counter guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts