Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an XD/XDM aromrers course available. If so, how do I find a course.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks xdmp22. I have an AGI video for SIG and they are very good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like to take my handguns down to the basic parts every two/three years and clean them and check for any wear so I can replace parts before it is an issue. I have been to the SIG and Smith school. I think learning to break a gun all the way down from a factory rep is better than trying to learn it myself by trial and error.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I like to take my handguns down to the basic parts every two/three years and clean them and check for any wear so I can replace parts before it is an issue. I have been to the SIG and Smith school. I think learning to break a gun all the way down from a factory rep is better than trying to learn it myself by trial and error.
True....I have had my XD down twice...first time, just to see how it all worked, and the second time to do a good cleaning...

Maybe the factory rep could give pointers on how to get the mag release back together easier....lmao....those things are a bieeach

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the AGI course for XD/XDm and it's outstanding. It's nice to be able to rewind it if you need to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the AGI video for the XD is why i bought the gun. Bob Dunlap is a great gunsmith and he says putting the mag catch back in is tricky. He uses a slave pin to hold the spring in place, then he lines up holes and bets it in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Tony... We should just all leave the forum and only use Google. Or wait... We could interact with each other and share information from person to person.... Thanks for the info though :)

Ryan

·
Registered
10 Posts
the AGI video for the XD is why i bought the gun. Bob Dunlap is a great gunsmith and he says putting the mag catch back in is tricky. He uses a slave pin to hold the spring in place, then he lines up holes and bets it in.

thanks. I'll check the videos out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll let you know in July. Front Sight has a course formembers.
So I ended up taking this course in August. Basically it was a guided full disassembly and assembly of the xd/xdm. We did not disassemble the grip safety or the magazine release. These are allot of trouble to re-install. We also spoke a little bit about diagnosing jams, and trigger upgrades. Frontsight sees several hundred xd's come thru their school every week. They also maintain a fleet of rental firearms which include allot of xd's. They are very big fans of the powder river easy drop in trigger kit over anything from Springer.

Overall id say if you feel pretty comfortable after watching YouTube disassemblyand assembly videos then you can safely skip the class. If you don’t feel comfortable and/or want someone to walk you thru the whole process and be there if anything goes wrong then this class will be great for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts