Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before anyone gives the standardized "what works in mine might not work in yours response," I'm only asking to see if anyone has had any problems with Federal HST 230gr. The purpose for asking is that if there are any reported problems I'd like to know before ordering a case as opposed to finding out after ordering that my pistol just doesn't like it.

If no one has had any problems, I'll order a case. If a few have, I'll order a box or two first, or perhaps just go with Gold Dot. My XDm 4.5" 45 has eaten through everything I've fed it without any problems including a few boxes of GD's, but my round count is still fairly low. Just looking at the FBI protocol test results from Law Enforcement - Federal Premium LE, Speer LE, BLACKHAWK!, Eagle - Handgun Details the HST's offered better expansion than GD's, hence that being my first choice, though I know that GD's are also a very good round.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have used just about every brand out there, except blazer brand, in my opinion they are way too dirty, and have zero problems.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
HST 230 grain standard pressure is actually my self defense load. I ran a box through my 4 inch service, and it sits ready in my nightstand, and sometimes truck.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HST 230 grain standard pressure is actually my self defense load. I ran a box through my 4 inch service, and it sits ready in my nightstand, and sometimes truck.
Thanks for the response. About 7 years ago when I had an XD9 Service as my EDC I ran 200 rounds of HST through without incident, and I'm expecting my XDm 45 to do the same. I think I'm going to go ahead and order since the price is right and I wouldn't expect it to come down at all in the near future.

As a side note on your signature, I've had a few people ask me why I, a pastor, would choose to carry a concealed handgun. Luke 22:36 was my response.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Thanks for the response. About 7 years ago when I had an XD9 Service as my EDC I ran 200 rounds of HST through without incident, and I'm expecting my XDm 45 to do the same. I think I'm going to go ahead and order since the price is right and I wouldn't expect it to come down at all in the near future.

As a side note on your signature, I've had a few people ask me why I, a pastor, would choose to carry a concealed handgun. Luke 22:36 was my response.
Good deal. I never would have thought you were a pastor. Jk :lol:

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I have had no problems with the HST 230gr standard velocity rounds. That is what I carry in my XDm 3.8 compact.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine has fired everything I put into it with over 20k rounds on my 4.5
Only ever have 2 typs of problems
First is a friends hand loaded lead rounds
The ramp would shear some of the lead and not always feed the second round

And the other which is WWB just shoots horribly compared to any other ammo and this is a common thing with everyone I personally know who has one

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Mine feeds empty cases.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts