Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my factory sights on my XDm 9mm, and I'm hoping to get some recommendations. Primarily I want to replace them so I have something that will work well in low light situations. But I know there are a ton of options out there for night sights! And I'm hoping to keep it around $100, which I know also limits my options. Tritium ain't cheap!

I'm drawn to the TruGlo TFOs because the fiber rods make them super bright for daytime use also, but I've heard they've had some trouble with the rods falling out. Anyone had this problem? Anyone care to speak up for or against the TFOs?

What do you all have on your XD/XDm?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Had James put the TFO's on my XDm 9mm 4.5 and very happy. If you buy the sights from him the install is free and he charges $95.00 for the sights. Sights
He does great work with quick turn-around times. TruGlo has fixed the problem with the tubes and it is no longer an issue.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had James put the TFO's on my XDm 9mm 4.5 and very happy. If you buy the sights from him the install is free and he charges $95.00 for the sights. Sights
He does great work with quick turn-around times. TruGlo has fixed the problem with the tubes and it is no longer an issue.
Do you--or anybody else for that matter--have anything definitive to reference indicating that TruGlo fixed the issue with the fiber tubes? Because if that's true, then I'll probably just get the TFOs. I really like the idea of having bright sights both at night and in the day, but I had reservations about the TFOs because of that issue.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Do you--or anybody else for that matter--have anything definitive to reference indicating that TruGlo fixed the issue with the fiber tubes? Because if that's true, then I'll probably just get the TFOs. I really like the idea of having bright sights both at night and in the day, but I had reservations about the TFOs because of that issue.
I don't have anything definitive to reference but perhaps James will see this post and provide his knowledgeable two cents worth.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I carry TruGlo TFO sights on my main carry weapon and also my backup. I trust my life to them. Please, please PLEASE let James change them out. Installing the new sights is dead easy, removing the factory sights is another thing entirely.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Another vote for TFO's. I have them on my carry gun, and on others. Never had a problem, and I'm not always easy on my tools.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another vote for TFO's. I removed the factory set and installed the TFO's myself with a universal pusher. Really not as bad as some make it out to be. YMMV though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Set my xdm on the chair by my bed. In the middle of the night I can see them glowing for quick access. Not to mention they are great in the daylight. Green front, yellow rear.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have several guns with Trjicon, green/green, yellow/green, and one with Meprolight.
Both are excellent and no complaints. Next gun, I'm anxious to try TFOs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your feedback! It certainly seems that the TFOs installed by James seems to be the way to go!

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Take a look at the Advantage Tactical sights..................quick sight picture, front night sight option. I can't hardly shoot with anything else since I started using these, good for older eyes. Safe shooting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have Truglo TFO's on my XDm 4.5 and Speed Sights on my 3.8. Both are great, but i prefer the Speed Sights (with the tritium inserts).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just got some TFO"S installed by James.....VERY HAPPY!

·
Registered
717 Posts
These look nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts